How to kill Windows 10 Edge New Cresting-wave Icon

Reaction score
Why Microsoft Windows 10 Edge Browser designers chose to dominate their New Cresting-wave
microsoft_edge.jpg
look Icon in every websites or local PC .html save files? I have several of the same
microsoft_edge.jpg
microsoft_edge.jpg
microsoft_edge.jpg
Icons which gave me hard time to click open the right one. IE-11 is much better but Internet Explorer 11 will no longer be supported for Microsoft's online services. Do Windows 10 Forum got the trick to fix this websites links Icon problem?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Rino,

have you tried saving the files in other formats like Webpage, complete and do you have the same problem?. ;)

1609879800364.png

Reaction score
Thanks for investigating Wolfie. YES, even my own creation of webpage are all having the same Cresting-wave Icon -- what happened to Edge?

Reaction score
I get that icon on downloaded pages if Edge is associated with the .htm/.html files but doesn't take long to change that association back to Firefox. Some of it may be if the default Browser is Edge or changed to Firefox.

As for IE11, some Web sites are already getting away from with messages and diverting to Edge such as FaceBook.

Reaction score
I am with Bighorn. Simple enough to change the label to something meaningful.
Isnt that common to all browsers, if it is from the html?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Rino,

have you tried right clicking one of your files and checking its properties and see if you can change the default icon to something else?. As mentioned above, it is most likely something to do with association?. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question