How to Update Windows 10

How to Update Windows 10

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

How to Update Windows 10 - Tutorial on how to manually update Windows 10

Windows 10 is very effective at updating the operating system in the background without the user realising that updates are being downloaded (although no doubt you will have noticed that the occasional restart is required to apply these updates).

For most users, there will be no need to manually force Windows 10 to check for updates. However, if you have a PC that is rarely used or have limited internet access then you may wish to occasionally force a check for updates.

To begin, click...

Read more about this article...

Reaction score
It might (?9 be of interest for readers, to know that MS have now uploaded to their MSDN servers, Windows 10 with updates, to February 2016. I understand these are now being loaded as the latest OEMs on retailed machines. - Bit tough on those who bought earlier computers. They will have to work through the whole update process again., I guess.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Dave.
I noticed that the name has changed from
Win10_1511_English_x64.iso
TO
Win10_1511_1_English_x64.iso
So they've added an underscore one (_1) to it.
I also noticed that it is slightly larger in size, from
3,922,852 KB
TO
4,310,660 KB
I'll give it a shot later this afternoon and see what build number I end up with.

Ask a Question