How to upgrade from 10 pro to enterprise legitimately

Reaction score
Searches here haven't produced a specific discussion of upgrading from pro to enterprise
so here goes:

First and foremost: Is there a microsoft recognized way to upgrade a win 10 pro to enterprise?

I'm after the nfs support in the enterprise version. So handy with my linux and solaris hosts

If there is another way to accomplish that on win 10 pro please post any URLS or other
pointers.

Reaction score
Yes, I read that before posting and is why I used the term "legitimately" in my subject

Here is the kicker from from your URL:
"Remember, as this isn’t an valid key for activation, the resulting Windows 10 system won’t activate with Microsoft’s activation servers online. You may not want to do this on your primary Windows system."

I'm not sure what all that means exactly but they do warn you not to do the posted procedure on a mainline machine.

On my win10 pro I see Services For NFS under "Turn windows features on off" in control panel it has
administrative tools
Client for NFS

I'm not sure how to use it or even if it really works... but at least it appears to allow client mode of nfs, like mounting nfs shares from linux/unix machines on the win10 host.

I haven't managed to get it working yet so wondered if a more full bodied nfs setup would be better on Enterprise.

Ask a Question