How was Windows 10 Installed on your System?

How was Windows 10 Installed on your System?

• It was pre-installed with the system a.k.a. OEM.

• I built my own system and installed Windows 10

• I upgraded from a previous Windows version (Includes Upgrade Assistant/ISO/other install methods)

• I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version (includes GWX , or unsupported HW.

• I have only used Windows 10 at a friends, a family member, at school, or a work system.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Upgraded by choice, then created an ISO and performed a clean install.
I will 100% agree it was my choice and I also created a bootable DVD and did a clean install.

All of my Windows 10 computers are unplugged and sitting on a shelf until I decide what I want to do with Windows 10.

Perhaps a family member may need one.

The PoorGuy ;)

Reaction score
Would be nice if poll was stuck to top of forums, so if a moderator agrees please do so. Or some suggestion.

I bought used computer with W10 installed so not sure what is correct answer? rybo

Bif

Reaction score
I bought used computer with W10 installed so not sure what is correct answer? rybo
The rybo confused and through me for a moment until I realized it was your handle..
In my world (avid cyclist) it means Ride Your Butt Off..;)

Reaction score
The rybo confused and through me for a moment until I realized it was your handle..
In my world (avid cyclist) it means Ride Your Butt Off..;)

Ha ha!, I dont cycle much, :cool: however, I just came back from driving 4,100 mile vacation :D in south west U.S. so/sore, I certainly feel like I have ridden my butt, thighs, lower back, shoulders off!,:eek: over last 12 days. Getting to old for that amount tension of driving in that amount of time. :confused:

I did my recent and very long ! W10 update in motel in Flagstaff. Took and hour or more. All appears to be working ok, except before, and after update, Edge will not quit/close, but that is subject of another thread I started.

My wife thinks rybo is good name for a dog food. Go figure o_O

Reaction score
System info is one of the best view in our PC. I just follow these steps to get the system info, open start menu-> search system info. After checking the system I have got the basic info like processor type and speed, system type, windows activity status etc. I must say the geekermag site helped me so much find out the best info on Windows 10. Or you can use the search box to find the system info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It's a moot point, Cliff.
Call me old fashioned, but, I see many guys on forums (this one also), when helping,merely giving a link to another site, where the answer has been dealt with in detail.

I prefer, when possible, if there is such a link, to transcribe it into my own words and post it.
My view, right or wrong, is that users needing help, do not come on a forum to be redirected to another.

Investigation shows the site referred to is pretty new. Nothing innovative though (same old)

Last edited:
Reaction score
System info........... Or you can use the search box to find the system info.
Thx, I typed that in and go system info, however, I accidentally type infor instead of info, so Edge opened-- I guess to search for 'system infor' and now, once again, I cannot quite/close the Edge app/program.

I can minimise it. Oh wait, I just expanded again and it would except no cursor clicks, however, it did close/quit. Yeah!! So never mind. As long as it closes/quits, im not concerned/distubred rybo

Reaction score
If it just won't work for you, scroll down the start menu to "Windows Administrative Tools"", and then select "System Information"

Reaction score
If it just won't work for you, scroll down the start menu to "Windows Administrative Tools"", and then select "System Information"

You misunderstand. I have no problem getting to system info. My issue with Edge not closing/quitting appears to have resolved itself. That Edge doesnt function beyond closing/quitting is ok with me. I dont care to use it at all. At least not at this time. Thx Rybo

Reaction score
Hesitantly upgraded after resigning to the fact that resistance was futile...
It's has since grown on me like a creeping fungus.
Despite all the hubbub..it's still better than Mac..

I cannot agree, it's a disaster, let me have windows 7 back. I am loosing saved documents, scanned documents, I cannot access the "My computer" section that was easily found on Windows 7. I would pay someone to rid me of this awful windows 10

Reaction score
A lot of things we used to do are still there, most on the Right-click of the Start button such as System, Disk Management, Device Manager, etc. The latest version, CU Version 1703, changed Control Panel to Settings, just have to look around a bit more to find what is needed. Command Prompt was changed to PowerShell. I usually need quicker access to things [phone support of clients] so I put Control in the Search box, clicked on Control Panel and it opened, while still open I right-clicked and chose Pin to Taskbar, icon always there after closing it. One caveat: doing too many things that way will quickly fill the Taskbar.

Reaction score
I had Win 7 Home 64bit, that came standard on my Acer Aspire 5750-2414 laptop (i5-2410, 4GB RAM and 512 HDD) which I bought in 2011. i upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro 64bit. Later on, I had to upgrade my hardware as it was getting very slow and couldn't cope with the updates of Windows 10 Pro 64bit, especially the old HDD, RAM and CPU which I changed in 2017 to an i7-2720QM CPU, new Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-106004GB-1333MHz RAM and a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD and the thing just flies through Windows 10 now.

But, when Win 10 was released i took advantage of Microsoft's GWX (Get Windows 10) that all 8.1 64bit owners were eligible for. i upgraded to Win 10 Pro 64bit (and got an electronic key) and also backed up all my personal files onto an external HDD. Afterwards, I used the 'Recovery > Reset this PC' option in 'Settings' and reinstalled Win 10 Pro and chose to 'remove personal files' and then reinstall windows. This way you get a fresh install of windows. haven't had any problems since then, windows 10 has updated itself to my current built 1709/16299.248, that's it and very simple! Windows 10 has been the best OP from Microsoft so far and I'm very satisfied as I've never had any crashes and/or problems with 10's OP system, its very reliable and stable and i don't know why other people have so many problems with it??? Its also a very simple OP system to use and leaves all other windows OP's for dead!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought this pc online (eBay) and it came installed with Windows 10 Home, 64-bit (Version 1709). This is my first Windows 10 OS. I have a couple of older ones that are dual boot (Win 7/Linux Mint). I once tried to upgrade one of the older ones from 7 to 10, but it did not have enough horsepower, so that ended that. Windows 10 is running real well on this pc.

Reaction score
A lot of things we used to do are still there, most on the Right-click of the Start button such as System, Disk Management, Device Manager, etc. The latest version, CU Version 1703, changed Control Panel to Settings, just have to look around a bit more to find what is needed. Command Prompt was changed to PowerShell. I usually need quicker access to things [phone support of clients] so I put Control in the Search box, clicked on Control Panel and it opened, while still open I right-clicked and chose Pin to Taskbar, icon always there after closing it. One caveat: doing too many things that way will quickly fill the Taskbar.

Bighorn I pin my PC maintenance tools to the start, like you say the taskbar fills up fast.

Reaction score
I have several systems. One I installed Insider Preview on in Jan. of 2015. The remaining 5 were all upgrades from Windows 7. Having used Windows 10 now for 3 1/2 years, I prefer it to any previous version of windows. I far prefer Windows ease of use to any version of Linux that I have ever tried. Had and older Apple laptop for a while and was totally unimpressed.

Ask a Question