HP Color Laserjet CM1312nfi MFP scanner not working

Reaction score
Hi, scanner function will not work after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - HP site does not appear to have a download for a newer driver does anyone have the same issue. thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for your reaction. I had already tried this, but it doesn't work. The printer works very good, but the scanner not. I'm staying to seek.

Reaction score
I have now solved this on my printer after many tries! I gave up doing the Windows 10 updates from HP website first.

I uninstalled the printer via control panel and then made sure it actually disappeared from the printers list (which took a while - when it appears nothing was happening!)

I then switched off the printer / disconnected it - then reconnected it and switched it on and went back to the HP website, went to the drivers page for this printer , selected Windows 10 (mine is 32 bit - but check yours first) , then downloaded the Full Solution drivers option.

All worked fine first time! Printer and scanner!!

My PC has also speeded back up to normal speed, which had definitely slowed down during the printer issue. I am not really sure but it looked like there must have been conflicts with trying to update the drivers as opposed to deleting and then reinstalling ! Good Luck!!

Reaction score
Tried this (64-bit Win10 here). Installation went nicely: printer was recognized and selected. At the very last stage suddenly a small window appeared. No text, just an OK-button. Installation aborted at that point. Now I can't scan or print. Nice. Was surprised Mark and Jules were succesful, as HP refuses to rewrite the software for Win10. Second time I lose a HP-scanner after upgrading (first from WinXP to Win7, now from Win7 to Win10). I have no solution, just a resolution: no more HP-scanners in my home. Ever.

Tried to install the printer through Devices and printers (Add a printer). Win10 finds the printer, installs something and then nothing happens.

I'm completely stuck.

Reaction score
Mark Rowley above has it right. TOTALLY remove any reference to the printer including uninstalling ANY HP stuff using control panel. Disconnect the printer, reboot, install the software from Troubles link or from HP as per instructions especially pay attention to exactly when to connect the printer.

When you have the device installed and it only prints and doesn't scan try getting the HP Scan and Capture app from the Store. It is free and it certainly works with my HP MFP ( not the same as yours) Worth a try.

If it were me I'd turn off any Anti-virus except Windows Defender while doing this.

Reaction score
Hanzin,

I have downloadad the Hp-driver for this printer from the site HP ( http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3562007&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192 ).
I choosed for the driver HP ColorJaserJet CM1312 MFP Series Full Solution, version 5.1 dated 7 oct 2014 ). When I had installed this driver, then worked only my printer, but the scanner didn't. Subsequently I have installed the try-out version of the Readiris Pro 15 programm. This programm taked care that the settings for the scanner were right, and then everything was working. Lot of success.

Reaction score
OK, thanks for suggestions, but no solution.

Can't disconnect the printer as I'm installing the driver for a network-printer. Installation works fine up to 94 %. At that point the program hp2dui40.exe is launched and I get two error messages (afterwards in log):
  • LaunchNetworkInstall gets back unexpected value 2
  • Driver UI Plug-in exits returning 50
Can't print, can't scan.

Reaction score
markrowley. Thank you. i had the same issue after Windows 10 took an executive decision and upgraded itself. Followed your instructions to the letter and I can now scan again.
I couldn't get HP scan and capture app to work, but used my old desktop scan application instead.

Ask a Question