HP LaserJet 4 Plus

Reaction score
Hi! I have LaserJet 4 Plus printer that still works great, but my OS is Windows 10 and in my last update I lost the driver for this model. I've tried using both HP Universal drivers only to receive the error "W2 Invalid Pers" on the printer. When I go to HP's website and look for a driver download the only ones I can find for LaserJet 4 Plus are for OS of Windows NT or Vista or earlier. Does anyone here know of a place where I might find the right driver or what alternate driver I might be able to use?

Reaction score
I have the same problem, Stinky, since the last update. Driver is not the real problem, this is a household printer, even older than yours (deskjet). It has worked perfectly and has a lot of life left in it. My local network cannot see it on any individual computers, except the one it is attached to. If I find a solution, I'll post. I have been told I need to give it an IP address. My son is a government printer expert, so I may be alzy and wait until he visits!!!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Need to know ….
How is this printer connected to your computer?? (Parallel Port, USB, Network (ethernet or wireless))
Have you tried the driver located here
It suggests that it will work with Windows versions as recent as 8.1 (and later)
The seventh one down the list would appear to work for both 32 bit and 64 bit architecture

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
If the question was for me - USB to one of my networked computers. Yes, tried the update catalogue and it is not listed. No prob for me really. If anything needs to be printed out, it can either be emailed or passed over on a USB plug.

Later. Well, I'm home and dry. One of the mysteries of Windows 10 The OS must have sensed my fiddling and - lo and behold - suddenly the printer is available.

Last edited:

Ask a Question