I am in a Pickle. 100% a pickle (Please solve. PLEASE)

Reaction score
So I have a friend who has window 10 but here's some issues:
-Windows 10 store will not allow him to sign in to the windows store.
- Skype review will crash when it hits the Password screen.
- Skype, The app that you download from their site, will cause him to be in a loop of 'sign in'.
- Microsoft Edge will crash.

What we tried:
- We tried to uninstall and reinstall Skype, no dice.
- We restarted the computer, No dice.
- we tried different suggests from many sites to fix the issue. STILL. NO DICE.

I only ask of you, to please help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to perform and in-place upgrade repair. That is to say...... upgrade it again, overtop of itself from within your current install, just double click setup.exe in the installation media. Just be sure to check the little box to get updates as part of the upgrade process.
That will generally keep all your programs, data, drivers and such safe, but.....
I would still create a disk image before going forward.

Installation media can be obtained here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()

If you already have the ISO you can simply mount it from within Windows 10 and run setup.exe from there.

Neosmart has a pretty good article on it here https://neosmart.net/wiki/windows-10-repair-installation/
You can skip the first couple paragraphs where they are promoting their recovery CDs and drill down to the meat of the article below.

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to perform and in-place upgrade repair. That is to say...... upgrade it again, overtop of itself from within your current install, just double click setup.exe in the installation media. Just be sure to check the little box to get updates as part of the upgrade process.
That will generally keep all your programs, data, drivers and such safe, but.....
I would still create a disk image before going forward.

Installation media can be obtained here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()

If you already have the ISO you can simply mount it from within Windows 10 and run setup.exe from there.

Neosmart has a pretty good article on it here https://neosmart.net/wiki/windows-10-repair-installation/
You can skip the first couple paragraphs where they are promoting their recovery CDs and drill down to the meat of the article below.

He told me that he already did this, but He's going to try and reinstall it again, if it doesn't work, then i will make an edit, later on. please i dont want to double post :< But thanks for trying your best to help aid us. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have him try adding a new user as a member of the local administrators group as follows
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe ( if he is hiding file extensions of known types then it might just say Cmd )
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith

It sounds like his user profile is corrupt. See if the new user has the same problems.

Reaction score
Have him try adding a new user as a member of the local administrators group as follows
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe ( if he is hiding file extensions of known types then it might just say Cmd )
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith

It sounds like his user profile is corrupt. See if the new user has the same problems.

Sorry for the late reply, but he can't log in..to the new user at all.. ^^;

Reaction score
I've seen these kind of things happen when a profile is corrupt. Creating a new user should fix it but you said you can't login with the new user. What error do you get when you try to login with newuser ?

Reaction score
OK, Never mind on the error part....(since he can't remember)....
Now we have a another problem: he can't disconnect the Microsoft account from his old user (the corrupted one) to connect with the new user.
Thanks Trouble, for the list of the commands :)

Reaction score
so making a new user fixed everything , and i successfully transferred everything over from corrupted user, all was well ,how ever after about a week the ablity to not able to sign in to windows store issue came back as not able to sign into the xbox app to save data from the store apps i tried to use a restore point to when things were working but some odd reason there were none , do i have to make a new user again and transfer everything again?

Ask a Question