I have to connect to internet more lately since Creator up date

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Any one else experiencing this , some times when I wake up my computer it connects to internet. Then there is times I have no connection. Once I reconnect I am fine , why is this doing this ? Ran troubleshooter is says things are fine , nothing to fix.

Reaction score
I had similar problems Win XP days. It turned out to be a failing (Filter) capacitor in the modem power supply. I had a spare modem, swapped them out and the problems disappeared. My ISP replaced the defective modem.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
you mite have a good point we have had this modem for a long time. Strange it occurred after up dating Win 10 to creator. I will watch and see if it occurs again.

Reaction score
I t might be a driver issue Michael, Windows 10 doesn't play nice with some hardware?. :(

Reaction score
If you are using and ssd, one possible fix is, in the power options, is to set the Hard disk for turn off to "never". The computer needs to see the hard disk from sleep, which can be causing the problem. I also have mine to "never sleep", which gives a faster response. I have never noticed any significant wear and tear, in , even, my older computers, over many years. But that would be your personal decision.

Reaction score
^^^ I never allow any of my devices or computers to 'sleep' nor hibernate. Either on or off. Both cases my mouse clicking on the power button or occasionally a power glitch in the house. And I always close ( saving as required) all applications before switching off.

Too many decades of working with old unreliable computers I guess.

Ask a Question