Interesting?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think so.
With all the current tech focus, seemingly circling Windows 10 like hungry sharks. Pundits on one side extolling its' good points contrasted with those on the other ready to throw up their hands and pronounce it D.O.A with comparisons to M.E and Vista, I have to say that reading this article today made me realize how little we know or even realize about how much Microsoft is actually doing to maintain and expand their brand.
http://microsoft-news.com/microsoft-to-kill-chromebooks-with-149-windows-10-laptops/

In the past, I've compared this "Technical Preview" program to watching sausage being made and wondering how enduring the process might impact one's taste for the finished product.
I think, I often forget that my "desktop" isn't and cannot be Microsoft's primary focus.
It's actually refreshing to see they're bringing such things as sub-$200 dollar devices to market and I suspect that Windows 10 will be optimized and optimal for such devices.
Sometimes it's difficult to see past the tactics and understand the actual strategy.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've noticed a huge push for low cost MS tablet devices in the past year, and when the HP Stream 7 was on offer for £50 delivered, I couldn't resist. It's a Windows 8.1 tablet, but it'll upgrade to Windows 10 once it's released - thankfully. At that price I just couldn't resit - I was working on a Raspi device as a home automation touchscreen, but this little Windows tablet already has a touchscreen and more powerful hardware, for an extra £20... so I couldn't resist.

Once they get low-cost notebooks like this to market, I imagine they'll be snapped up. Chromebooks were great, but couldn't run Windows apps that people were used to. At <$200 for this sort of system, it'll be much more attractive to people.

In the past, I've compared this "Technical Preview" program to watching sausage being made and wondering how enduring the process might impact one's taste for the finished product.

That analogy really cracked me up :D

Ask a Question