Well that's interesting!...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good article and thanks for the link.
I noticed they've been doing some boasting about how many machines were already running the "Creators Update"
AND
We got this
• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016240)
Today which I assume addresses some issues reported by those of us who are running it.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016240/windows-10-update-kb4016240
Along with bump in the build number to dot two fifty .250

Reaction score
Roll back rollback! I don't have it installed yet. I haven't used the ISO because I had suspicions there may be ramifications as in @Bif recent post.
MS haven't been forthright with any of the recent updates.
Personally, I think we will see a Win 11 by the year end as they still don't Win !0 right after one year.

Bif

Reaction score
It's always a great endorsement when a company says not to use their product, I'm with @Norton...I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a Windows 11 in the coming months...Or Windows 10.2

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
One can only hope that Microsoft would stop rolling out half harsed stuff. Lets see what comes of these news and what it means and what version will be offered.

Personally I dread the windows update versions, its historically the most flaky method so far.

Reaction score
Bif I don't think it will be a Win 10 or 10.xx. MS have failed miserably with W10, with nothing but botched updates and many unhappy users stripped of our beloved Win 7.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Call me a masochist but I love the fact the OS is evolving faster than third parties can keep up.

That is what gives us all the challenge to work out solutions to the issues that arise as a result.

Let's face it, if everything worked perfectly out of the box per se, there would be no purpose for our Forum.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Now all we need is the over-the-top paperback manual that used to come with the DVD :)

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Let's face it, if everything worked perfectly out of the box per se, there would be no purpose for our Forum.

Nothing would ever work perfectly, there is no such thing, but there's no need for this SNAFU either.

Like I said in another post, Windows 10 development and update technologies still lacks the necessary maturity to mean any sort of widespread stability.

So dont worry, communities like these will always be necessary ;)

Reaction score
hey all.! newbie here to this forum. im having a problem which search led me here maybe I can get some help. im having a problem with one particular update that keeps failing even the stand alone fails. Actually that process says its not for my version so why is it failing? at least 20 attempts this month so far and all have obviously failed. i have also cleared out the contents of windows downloads folders Software Distribution for updates also no luck. KB4016240 (Version 1703 OS Build 15063.296). thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi soundwav3,

Welcome to the Forum

As you are already on OS Build 15063.296, which was released on May 9, 2017 as KB4016871, you will not need to install KB4016240 as this is an earlier Cumulative update that was released on April 25, 2017.

The latter KB4016871 was also a cumulative update and would have installed any missing components the earlier KB contained that you needed.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Roll back rollback! I don't have it installed yet. I haven't used the ISO because I had suspicions there may be ramifications as in @Bif recent post.
MS haven't been forthright with any of the recent updates.
Personally, I think we will see a Win 11 by the year end as they still don't Win !0 right after one year.
Yes thank god we still have a roll back option.
Stupidly i tried the Creators Update and that screwed a lot of things up no speakers and some of my apps not working.
Lets hope they never do away with the roll back option. :(

Reaction score
It might takes time before Microsoft distribute it to all of the users. I have not received update yet and many users said that it would be available on this weekend.

Reaction score
It might takes time before Microsoft distribute it to all of the users. I have not received update yet and many users said that it would be available on this weekend.
Better not install it then its supposed to be a nice weekend why spoil it. ;)

Reaction score
I just downloaded it and installed it yesterday and I have already rolled back. I had a motherboard failure. After installing the new MB Windows 10 was not activated. I jumped through hoops and was finally told by MS that my version of Win 10 (latest version) does not have the reactivation software in it. In other words I could not log into my MS account and activate Win 10. I was told this was fixed in the Creator's Edition and to install that. I did. Not only would Win 10 still not activate I got error messages galore about not being able to open my programs. Also my MSI driver disk could not be read. Error message. So I rolled back and here I am. MS said I would have to buy a new copy of Win 10 in order to activate. I fixed my old MB myself and reinstalled it. Everything appears fine now and I did not have to pay MS a cent. DO NOT download the Creator's Edition of Win 10 unless you want many many problems.

Reaction score
Ram1220 Patience is the key. Don't force yourself to download a sub par update. I'm patiently waiting for the dreaded day.

Bif

Reaction score
After throwing all common sense out the Window ( more than once I might add ) and clicking that dreaded little button to start the ball of potential doom rolling...up to this point I remain relatively unscathed.
I realize that this good fortune I've grown accustomed to can and will only last so long, and then I will be posting multiple threads on here fishing for answers and help to undo whatever MS breaks.
Until then, I shall keep one hand firmly affixed to the closest wooden object and count my blessings!o_O

Ask a Question