Internet adapters not working after win 10 update

Reaction score
Updated my computer from windows 7 a day ago to windows 10 and ever since I have not been able to get any internet. I have tried updating all of my drivers by using a USB stick but it made no difference and when I troubleshoot the problem it says "there might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter"

I had upgraded to Windows 10 before and had the same problem, but i downloaded the drivers for my motherboard and it fixed the problem, but later after that my windows didn't activate and windows support told me to take it back to Windows 7. I then had to uninstall my Ethernet drivers and reinstall the drivers and that fixed it but then I upgraded back to windows 10 and here I am now with no more ideas on how to fix this problem.

My specs :
- MSI Z97 GAMING 5 motherboard
- Intel i7 4550 possessor
- 16gb of ram
- Gigabyte GTX 970

Any advice welcome and I can give more info in needed.

Thanks in advance

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You need to download and install this driver suite from here
http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads/item/killer-suite

You may want to first go into device manager and right click the network adapter and uninstall it, also if offered the opportunity to do so, choose remove drivers also.

Same problem I had on my
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 board.
I mistakenly installed an Atheros driver thinking it was the right one and it was a pain to get rid of so I could install the Killer Suite.

Ask a Question