SOLVED Is Windows 1909 considered to be buggy?

Reaction score
Is Windows 1909 considered to be buggy? I’m running Win Home 1903 with all the latest patches/updates. Should I pause/delay before installing Windows 1909? I’ve heard that 1909 will likely be available with the Oct 2019 2nd Tues updates. Thx

Regedit32

Reaction score
Windows 10 version 1909 is intended to be a cumulative update to the May 2019, Windows 10 version 1903

It's already being tested by those partaking in the Insider program.

I do not for see anything overly bothersome, but there is no harm in playing the patient hand, and giving it a few weeks before committing to an update, if it bothers you.

Reaction score
Windows 10 version 1909 is intended to be a cumulative update to the May 2019, Windows 10 version 1903

It's already being tested by those partaking in the Insider program.

I do not for see anything overly bothersome, but there is no harm in playing the patient hand, and giving it a few weeks before committing to an update, if it bothers you.

I'll wait for 21 days and then install. From what I've heard it's a much less complicated update compared to 1903, and thus should present a lot less risk re bugs. Thx,

Reaction score
1909 is not official for public release. so if you did upgrade to - expect several issues.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've found grandma's tip always works.

To prevent Windows bugs, turn off monitor, then turn light on in another room. All the bugs fly to the light.

Now close other rooms door, and turn monitor back on.

:p

Reaction score
1909 is not official for public release. so if you did upgrade to - expect several issues.
I'm a little confused. I thought 1909 is now being sent out as part of the Oct 2019 2nd Tues patches. And it's already being distributed by MS as I type this. How is 1909 ''not official for public release''? I'm not an expert on MS patches, so details on this are helpful.

Reaction score
Microsoft, as far as I know, has made no public announcements. Some speculating going on and I believe the CU upgrade path may be correct. You could already be running some of the updates..

Reaction score
currently only "Insiders" get the updates to make 1909. use mediacreationtool to get the latest Official ISO.

Reaction score
If 1909 is not available for public release, something is wrong. Either I am an Insider and didn't know it OR 1909 got released when it should not have.

Well, how about that. I am an Insider but only signed up for Release Preview. I'll leave it that way. Everything seems to be working fine and I am not computer literate enough to venture into either of the Rings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally I'm finding Windows 1903 buggy! I've been aware for sometime now that Windows Mail app keeps crashing for no apparent reason and although I've sent this feedback to Microsoft it seems others are reporting the same issue. Lately Windows Mail has been increasing the indent on each paragraph when composing emails, it's really frustrating. The tool to fix store app issues doesn't find the fault.

Hopefully 1909 will rectify this fault..

Regedit32

Reaction score
Personally I'm finding Windows 1903 buggy!

I've not noticed any of the bugs you mentioned, and I've been using Windows Mail app since its inception.

The two things I have noted, and via Windows Mail > Feedback have contacted Microsoft to advise them are the following:
  • The simple option to click User account icon ( of a Sender ) and select to add to your contacts was removed.
    • In lieu of this option you instead have to go into Mail's settings and select the option that automatically adds someone to your Contacts list if you reply to their email [ and they are not already on your contacts list ]

I'm not sure why they went down this route, and hope they'll return to the old, simpler, and more natural way to add a contact.

• The Archive folder, for Mail is annoying to say the least, owing to their Sync ideology. Rather than actually archive emails, it relies on your remembering a name or some kind of clue, to type in a search, which ultimately leads you then having to click search online so in effect it downloads email again from the Email server.

That is fine, so long as you have physically gone online to the Email server and set it up not to delete downloaded emails, and also, that Server has no limitations on how many emails are permanently stored on thier end.

While it's possibly of course, to export your downloaded emails and store them on an alternate device for safe keeping, I'd prefer they tidy up the Archive Function to be more like the system they used to have using Outlook mail back in the Windows XP, 7 days.

At the end of the day though, one has to accept, the built-in Windows Mail is effectively an app, predominantly designed with portable devices in mind. If you want some real grunt for a pc, you are ultimately better off purchasing Microsoft Outlook, or using an non-native application for emails, that was coded for Desktops, rather than cellphones.

T_J

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Home 1903 on a 2012 Dell desktop. MS Mail app user for quite awhile. I have my Gmail, Yahoo mail, and ISP email added to the Mail app.

I have not noticed any problems with Mail app or crashing. Using only MS Mail app, I just typed 3 paragraphs with indented first lines with Gmail; then sent it to my ISP mail. Paragraphs & indents looked perfect before sending & in Sent folder (Gmail), and in Inbox (ISP mail). Viewed all (new mail writing, Sent, Inbox) with MS Mail app.

Last edited:
Reaction score
1909 version many many folks are having issues with Office Outlook email. some work perfect while others you have to try open, then try open again and select safe mode then chose outlook profile, it will not maintain your pass for System login, nor will it hold profile. so one in safe mode do not close all day, just let it minimize then next boot SOS.

Reaction score
I hear you but since 1909 is not completed yet, those of us who haven't opted for 'insiders' should be ok when the completed OS does come out. Correct?

Reaction score
I've not noticed any of the bugs you mentioned, and I've been using Windows Mail app since its inception.

Wether you've been using Windows Mail since inception or not does not necessarily mean the problem does not exist, the Windows feeback hub proves I'm not the only one to have noticed this.

I do agree that the option to add a sender to your address book was removed however the solution of changing a setting is is not practical. For instance you might reply to someone to ask them to stop emailing you or to unsubscribe you, you wouldn't want to add those people to your contacts.

Yes the Archive Folder is annoying but it's easy to get around by creating a custom folder and sync that with your ISP, I no longer use the archive folder for that reason.

Windows mail might be an app but it's purfectly adequate for the average user who only wants to read and respond to emails whilst saving the important ones.

In addition to my earlier post re 1903 being buggy, I think it fair to say that these are the first bugs I've encountered since activating my free upgrade to W10 from W7

Regedit32

Reaction score
Wether you've been using Windows Mail since inception or not does not necessarily mean the problem does not exist, the Windows feeback hub proves I'm not the only one to have noticed this.

I was not inferring your issue did not exist.

I stated I had not seen the issue, simply to infer I did not have a solution for you, as I'm unable to replicate your issues to work out a possible solution.

Ask a Question