Just installed my Windows 10 Technical Preview

Reaction score
.................Many of functions I tried didn't do anything so I guess we have to wait for full beta version...............

You are probably the only one with such a disastrous result.
In my install, every function I tried did work. Would you care to post a brief list of functions that do not work ?

..............The install took about 8 minutes..............
.............on a clean SSD install..........................
Really ? Please give me the link to the install. My install took over an hour.
I would be most grateful to try it on my other laptop.

Don't get stressed on how long it took to install.
My desktop is very fast with a quick Solid State Drive.
I didn't have a disastrous result as a few items didn't work. No biggy.
I have been beta testing for MS for many years and this is a preview only.

Now the download took awhile but after I made my ISO disk and rebooted it went cleanly on my SSD.
After the install I did have visit the MS site and load a few more things. I believe I have 3 updates.
Anyway I will wait and see what comes down from Bellevue WA in the coming months.
Till then like I said before I'm staying with my trusty WIN7.....

Reaction score
Installed from Windows 7 and it installed super quick. Brother network laser printer was the only part that failed to install but it did so through devices really quickly.
This is a big upgrade from 7, especially in the speed. No problems so far with the exception of PC Matic which don't work with 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Installed from Windows 7 and it installed super quick. Brother network laser printer was the only part that failed to install but it did so through devices really quickly.
This is a big upgrade from 7, especially in the speed. No problems so far with the exception of PC Matic which don't work with 10.
Hello tony and welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear that you're liking Windows 10 so far.
Do I understand you correctly?? You performed an upgrade to your system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Technical Preview?
Hope to continue to see you around and hear you future comments and opinions as things progress towards a final finished product.

Reaction score
Yeah, put it on my other puter out of fear but it seems to have eliminated much of what I did not like about 8 like the dual start and desktop screens and the annoying sidebars that popped up when the cursor got too close to the side of the screen.

Ask a Question