SOLVED Keep getting kicked off line

Reaction score
I have three current problems. For some time, I have been getting shut down about once a day while playing a Facebook game. It gathers data and makes me restart. It's list as a stopcode: IRQL, NOT LESS or EQUAL. Tonight I got kicked off for something called a stack stuff buffer. Now I can't get back online via Edge for something called class not registered. What am I dealing with?

Reaction score
Additional information: I just updated 14 drivers, and I can't get the start menu to come up so I can check the settings. I'm currently operating on the Chrome browser, which seems to be working fine, but won't import my bookmarks from Edge.

Reaction score
Okay, I have tried about 6 different ideas. The last one seemed to have worked. Edge and the start menu now work. Any ideas how to prevent this from happening again?

Reaction score
As far as I know it's up to date. Every update has DL and installed. Info I got earlier indicates someone make have tried to hack my computer and failed, but Edge and the start menu got corrupted. Now sure if that is correct.

Reaction score
As far as I know it's up to date.
Winver.png

Reaction score
Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.914)
You need to upgrade to the latest version (1909) before going any further with this thread!. :)

Reaction score
I followed the instructions to upgrade, but the version number comes out the same. What next? It spent about four hours DL and rebooting last night.

Reaction score
I have three current problems. For some time, I have been getting shut down about once a day while playing a Facebook game. It gathers data and makes me restart. It's list as a stopcode: IRQL, NOT LESS or EQUAL. Tonight I got kicked off for something called a stack stuff buffer. Now I can't get back online via Edge for something called class not registered. What am I dealing with?
IRQ not less or equal = you have a Driver issue... so recommend you Download one of the many FREE driver update program and update or do a control panel and check for yellow marks then update that driver. also most manufactures offer FREE driver updates for compatibility issues. as well as MS
Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.914)
That is the latest version of 1809. and if your having driver issues, it is recommended you get the latest Official Driver (Chipset) from the manufacture of your computer. if not OEM then check the motherboard manufacture... and install which will overwrite MS give you back the function you need.

Reaction score
Spent four hours this morning DL updates and rebooting. Then the computer said it was undoing the changes on the computer. Apparently it will not update. To Snuffy, I updated 14 drivers last week which solved most of the minor issues. So far, the big issues haven't come back.

Reaction score
Another problem just came up. Twice in the last 15 minutes, the computer has restated without being told to. Didn't do that before I tried to update.

Reaction score
Have you updated or not? also is your internet that slow? ... it takes 4 hrs to DL the iso. also can or will you post the .dmp so we can see what that says...

Reaction score
Additional information: I just updated 14 drivers, and I can't get the start menu to come up so I can check the settings. I'm currently operating on the Chrome browser, which seems to be working fine, but won't import my bookmarks from Edge.
seems to me Chrome is not working fine...

Reaction score
Chrome was working, that's how I got online to find the fix. But Edge apparently was not availiable. The new drivers helped, one of the games I play daily on Facebook use to freeze up the computer once a day, and thatIRQL error always came up from that site. Haven't had either problem since.

Reaction score
It wasn't uninstalled, I just couldn't get to it. It works fine now. The start menu was down as well, or I would have used the system restore. What I am curious about is why the computer removed all the changes right after it finished rebooting after downloading the update.

Reaction score
which edition of Windows 10 are you using? Home, Pro, Education, Enterprise or workstation?
I know Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.914)

Ask a Question