SOLVED Life at a Glance

Reaction score
I would like to create my own Life at a Glance, similar to having my most frequently used icons on my desktop in WIN 7. Can this be done?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This is a windows 10 forum. I'm not sure what is; "Life at a Glance"? Is this some sort of software for a life resume?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Oh crap....I see what you're on about now. I'm not sure you can or even if there is a 3rd party software to do that for any other version of windows.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would like to create my own Life at a Glance, similar to having my most frequently used icons on my desktop in WIN 7. Can this be done?
Life at a Glance is simply a text title bar of a sub-section of a tile group in the Start Menu.
You can move those tiles around, remove them from the Start Menu and build your own, you can click the title text and edit it to say whatever you want.
Depending on the size and resolution of your screen you can resize the start menu by grabbing the borders and dragging them up vertically or to the right horizontally to resize the Start Menu, resize the tiles by right clicking, generate more functionality by turning on "Show more tiles" (Settings, Personalization, Start)
Basically you should be able to make it into what you want so it functions exactly as you would like it to.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I think the OP wants to do the "Life at a Glance" section on his windows 7 machine. The only thing I've found was Stardock's "Fences" that would emulate that.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think the OP wants to do the "Life at a Glance" section on his windows 7 machine. The only thing I've found was Stardock's "Fences" that would emulate that.
OH..... OK.
My bad, I didn't pick up on that when I read the OP

Reaction score
Life at a Glance is simply a text title bar of a sub-section of a tile group in the Start Menu.
You can move those tiles around, remove them from the Start Menu and build your own, you can click the title text and edit it to say whatever you want.
Depending on the size and resolution of your screen you can resize the start menu by grabbing the borders and dragging them up vertically or to the right horizontally to resize the Start Menu, resize the tiles by right clicking, generate more functionality by turning on "Show more tiles" (Settings, Personalization, Start)
Basically you should be able to make it into what you want so it functions exactly as you would like it to.

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble. This is exactly what I would like to do. To me there are so many changes to each little function that I must take the time (and this Forum) to relearn all.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
That's why we're here, so....
Should you need anything further just let us know.

Ask a Question