SOLVED Limited Connectivty?

Reaction score
Alright so the issue I'm having is that at random points my internet would just... Die. I would troubleshoot it and it would say "resetting ethernet cable" and then I would have to plug the ethernet cable back into my router again. This has been since I've upgraded to Win 10 and its starting to happen more often. Would appreciate if anybody has a fix! Also sometimes plugging the ethernet back didnt work so I had to restart the computer, then go into my settings and re-enable the ethernet myself.

Reaction score
I used to have that problem after I upgraded to Windows 8.1. I suggest reinstalling the ethernet cable adapter.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Agreed.
Re-install the driver for your NIC.
If it's integrated onto the mother board, first try your motherboard or computer manufacturer's website for the latest driver.
Failing that
Determine the chipset (Atheros, Realtek, Broadcom, etc.,) and use the specific device manufacturer's website to obtain the latest driver.

Reaction score
Agreed.
Re-install the driver for your NIC.
If it's integrated onto the mother board, first try your motherboard or computer manufacturer's website for the latest driver.
Failing that
Determine the chipset (Atheros, Realtek, Broadcom, etc.,) and use the specific device manufacturer's website to obtain the latest driver.
Exactly how do I reinstall the ethernet driver?
I have a Broadcam Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
:)
When I clicked update driver it said it was up to date so idk.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
https://www.broadcom.com/support/?gid=9
ONe of the top two depending on system architecture 32 or 64 bit.
Then
Driver Install - Manual Method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the driver you've just updated, right click it and check the dates under its properties.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You're welcome and thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Let's hope it stays that way.

Ask a Question