Roll Back of Anniversary Update Limited

Regedit32

Reaction score
In case you have not all ready noticed.

Microsoft have restricted the Roll Back for the latest Anniversary Update to 10 days.

Thus it would be wise to thoroughly check things out over the next few days to make sure you are happy with the latest build as you will not be able to Roll back on day 11 unless you have an image stored.

The plus side of this decision is come day 11 you'll gain 3 - 5 GB storage space back so if you have a small drive that will be handy.

Reaction score
I just got caught by this. Microsoft's ereader driver just does not work on 1607. I discovered this when I went to download a book or two. I was going to revert one machine to 1511 and discovers I was a day too late. very annoying.

Reaction score
Microsoft has already said that 1607 was mandatory. I don't understand them giving 10 days to roll back, because unless you disconnect from the internet, you'll eventually have to upgrade. Even deferring it only puts off the inevitable.

Reaction score
They have achieved their goal. I wanted to roll back my laptop to Win7 not a chance. As clifford said it's just a fruitless exercise.
I had to do a clean install of Win 7my OEM Dell Win 7 disks. I want at least one working PC.
It seems that more problems seem to be surfacing every day since the 1607 update. It's looking more like Vista. Every update of late appears to cause problems and you don't know until you need to perform a seldom used task or program. Considering the magnitude of the upgrade MS have done a good job, trying to cover every situation and compatibility with 3 rd party drivers,

Last edited:

Ask a Question