Locked out of my computer

Reaction score
Since Thursday 27 August I ahve been locked out of my computer. The lock-out happened when I was signing into Cloud. No sooner had I began to enter the password, when windows rapidly moved from Cloud to the start-up page on my computer, and since then I am unable to log on.

I have been in constant contact with both Windows and Google to allow a password change, but 'FOR MY PERSONAL SECURITY I AM NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD'.

How do I proceed from here?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello margaret and welcome to the forum.
Well, with no help apparently forthcoming from neither Google nor Microsoft, you may definitely have your work cut out for you.
Depending on your tech savvy / skill level you may want to perhaps resort to help from a professional.
What you will likely have to do at this point, is enable the hidden administrator's account on your PC in order to either make password changes to your local account or create a new local (admin group) account to transfer your profile into.

In order to do this you will need to boot your computer from the installation media and perform a registry edit.

I posted in another thread with some links to the install media as well as a link to a step by step article on how to perform the registry edit required to enable the hidden administrator's account here......
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/keeps-saying-incorrect-password.1185/#post-12550
Read my post and then read the article I linked to carefully and follow the steps.

Reaction score
Hello margaret and welcome to the forum.
Well, with no help apparently forthcoming from neither Google nor Microsoft, you may definitely have your work cut out for you.
Depending on your tech savvy / skill level you may want to perhaps resort to help from a professional.
What you will likely have to do at this point, is enable the hidden administrator's account on your PC in order to either make password changes to your local account or create a new local (admin group) account to transfer your profile into.

In order to do this you will need to boot your computer from the installation media and perform a registry edit.

I posted in another thread with some links to the install media as well as a link to a step by step article on how to perform the registry edit required to enable the hidden administrator's account here......
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/keeps-saying-incorrect-password.1185/#post-12550
Read my post and then read the article I linked to carefully and follow the steps.

Hello, I just googled and found this thread, I also forgot my windows 7 password, how can I reset my password without reinstalling the system.

Ask a Question