SOLVED Login screen

Reaction score
When I had XP back in the day, after starting my computer, I could immediately start typing my password and hit enter to log in.
With 7, after startup, I needed to hit enter before I could enter my password.

Now, Windows 10 requires me to hit enter, then wait a second or so, and only then can I enter my password. This has caused me a failed login multiple times, my computer boots faster than my screen does, so I have to guess how long I need to wait.
Is there a way to bypass this delay, or the need to press enter first?

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what is going on, but....
I guess it depends on why you are hitting "enter" and what the results of doing so, produces?
IF we are talking about using the Enter key on your keyboard to dismiss the Windows Lock Screen and produce the sign-in screen then you can disable the lock screen
http://www.howtogeek.com/134620/how...reen-on-windows-8-without-using-group-policy/
IF, it is something completely different then we will need some clarification in order to provide a best guess.

Reaction score
This did indeed solve the issue I had.
You'll have to excuse my ignorence in this matter, I did not expect a lock screen on a desktop computer, it seems like something for phones and tablets.

(and not knowing there is something like a lock screen before the login screen makes it diffult to google for answers :p)

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question