MicroSD Card Write-Protection

Reaction score
I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status.

I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry, but I'm worried that that would apply to all drives. Any suggestions? I don't want to erase all the files on the drive.

And I tried 2 different adapters, which work on another SD card.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting. I have several micro-SD cards (used for the raspberry pi and before for my Q5)and none of them have write protect, they rely on the regular SD card 'carrier' for write protect.

Reaction score
How did "the files" come to be on the micro SD card?
What device were you using the micro SD card in?

This card was in my camera. Everything was fine until other other day. Not sure what I could have done. I took it out to upload some photos onto my PC with a USB card reader and may have put it in another camera, but nothing that should have changed it.

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

did you power the other camera down before removing the card?. :)

Reaction score
Probably a good reason to connect the camera to the PC to download pictures, are the pins ok none bent, not sure whether it would cause that though.

Ask a Question