Microsoft Mail & Calendar endlessly syncing - Gmail

Reaction score
Hello! Newbie to both Windows 10 (Yes, really. Time to be progressive!) and this Forum. Hoping to have a solution to my persistent problem as it's driving me nuts at this point.

I've been having problems with Microsoft Mail for the past 5 days now and what's killing me is the fact that this was completely random and out of the blue. Before I explain my issue I just want to point out that the app was working perfectly prior to.. nothing. I changed nothing at all and now none of my 3 emails are working properly. I'll be explaining my situation in full detail and I thank everyone in advance for reading through. I hope to have a solution to this soon as this is quite important to me and my productivity.

Few days ago, I noticed that I received a notification of a mail on my phone that I did not see while working on my computer. I checked the mail app and noticed that new mail is not there. So I pressed on the sync button and it started 'loading' endlessly. I thought maybe something wrong happened so I deleted the email and added it back but then it said I have no emails. I pressed on sync again and the same thing went on - endlessly 'syncing' without any progress regardless of how much I waited or fiddled with the sync options available. I tried doing the same for my other Gmail account and the same went on and removing and adding the email back resulted in the exact same problem as with the first email. My first email is also a Gmail account.

I took to looking up for my problem and I did find a number of solutions be it using the Windows troubleshooter, restarting the application from App Settings or just reinstalling. I did all of this but unfortunately, to no avail. I've been repeatedly trying to go through any of these solutions again in hopes for it to magically get resolved as it magically got ruined but as of making this post, it hasn't. My third email, which is a Yahoo email seems to be working fine however as it does sync and if I removed it and added it back, it keeps on working properly however. I want to note something about this; when my yahoo account was syncing and it took over a minute I thought it's going to have the same problem so out of desperation I went to see if there's anything I can do in the sync options but I noticed it was greyed out and it was saying something along the lines of 'syncing in progress'.

I tried manually adding my Gmail accounts through IMAP and that is the only way for it to work but I noticed that my emails are received a few minutes later than it's actually received and that approach prevents me from having my calendar synced which is very important to me. I also want to note that I created another Microsoft account to see if this problem is related to my main user account but my problem persisted regardless.

My apologies for the long read and I do hope that someone has a solution for me as I'm very desperate at this time. And once again, thank you for reading all this.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, BUT, I've been experiencing some very strange things with the mail app as well. Constantly getting emails that a few of my email accounts are not syncing or I need to update my credentials. Same as you, I haven't changed anything.....it just started happening.

I have yet to find anything out there as a possible fix. If and when I do I'll post it. Until then it looks like we're on our own.

Reaction score
Extremely frustrating especially when you know that nothing changed so then why would it start acting up like that.

Appreciate the response and hopefully we find a solution one way or another. I'll be scavenging around for solutions as well so if I come up with anything, I'll let you know.

Ask a Question