SOLVED Microsoft sign in

Reaction score
Need help with this "sign in to your microsoft account". I sign in and browse the net and shut down my laptop, on the next login it ask's me again to sign in..I need to get rid of this crap, I don't need it.

Reaction score
To me signing in every time after shut down seems perfectly normal. Did you ever use a computer in a corporate environment? I would suspect not.

Reaction score
Even using a Local Account with no password I still get the screen with the Login on it, just have to click once. Right now, since my 7-year-old Desktop encountered hardware issues and I removed it from service, I now have none with the Microsoft Account on it.

Reaction score
Need help with this "sign in to your microsoft account". I sign in and browse the net and shut down my laptop, on the next login it ask's me again to sign in..I need to get rid of this crap, I don't need it.
There are means to bypass the option, but, of course, it lowers your security. But if you are only using it in a home environment, that is , possibly, not so serious.

Try this one

Attachments

• AutoLoginOK_x64.zip
    58 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score

davehc...What about the issue where you sign in and the next day it want's you to sign in again?.​

Reaction score
The program I have posted gives you an automatic sign in - as I said, a little loss of security

Reaction score
I'd sooner not lose security to be honest, but if it's the only way. I just don't understand why microsft are doing this. Especially asking you to sign in and then again and again Dave..Am I getting rid of something when I use a cleaner or is it really an glitch.

Reaction score
Sorry,but that is the way:confused:
you need to sign in everytime you boot, and there is a quick antivirus check each time also

Reaction score
Just seems a bit crazy and nonsical that you log in and then have to sing in dave?.It's not happening in win11, or will it start soon. The mystery of signing onto my account, but still have to sign in again to get my mail?.

Reaction score
They are different things such as signing into the computer gets things started and the Internet is not actually needed at that point. Simply put, signing into E-Mail is not totally tied to the computer, can be accomplished on any computer depending upon how it's done such as their Webmail sites Hotmail.com and Outlook.com [now both in https://outlook.live.com/] that only need the user name/address and password. Mail app is the installed E-Mail client that is tied to the computer like the old Outlook Express was and Thunderbird is.

Reaction score
Just seems a bit crazy and nonsical that you log in and then have to sing in dave?.It's not happening in win11, or will it start soon. The mystery of signing onto my account, but still have to sign in again to get my mail?.
If you think about it, you do have self conflicting views!
You state you are not happy with my suggestion on having a thid part app signing you in automatically. But yet are also not happy that you need to sign in each time?

Reaction score
No don't get me wrong dave, I am happy you offered to help, but it conflict's with it's self before I do it. If I signed into the account, surely I should be signed into hotmail too, without signing in again. I'm getting check disk errors in win11 everyday, even though there's nothing wrong after checking.This has to be an update error in both systems.But as you and others say, it's different to signing into your hotmail account with each sign in.

Reaction score
? I'm old:rolleyes: Getting confused!

This is the first time you have mentioned a hotmail account!

Signing in to windows with your MS account, has no connection with your hotmail account. You certainly need to sign in to both.
Your Hotmail account is, presumably, with your mail, so you will need both sign ins.

security - a cruel world for those who dont give damn;):)

Reaction score
Point taken and understood dave..not trying to rock the boat, just probably getting old and not paying attention.

Reaction score
If I may, it is possible to set your Browser Home page as Hotmail.com [https://outlook.live.com/mail/] and set the Startup process to open the Browser when Windows loads which would then load Hotmail. The Home page can be any Web site set up in the Browser, loads first when opening the app. Even Edge can use a different Home page and by default Edge is always in Startup unless Disabled.

1680529416851.png

Reaction score
Apparently, I can take my win10 laptop off the sign in to microsoft account, just unlist from the laptop from the account so I don't use the store and don't keep being asked to sign in. The problem is, my laptop isn't listed when I look. So how does this work, as my laptop cannot be upgraded to 11?.

Reaction score
Some things in the Store require using a Microsoft Account even though the computer itself has only a Local Account, I have a few, both Win10 and Win11, with the Local Account only but got a few things from the Store that did need the Microsoft Account which used my Hotmail account on a couple and my Outlook.com account on a couple. It boiled down to having only a few on my Microsoft device list but more have been properly activated [10 Notebooks and 4 Desktops], most with a generic Owner login name with no password/s. All but 4 Win11 and 3 Win10 have been rehabbed by me from spare parts I've salvaged and intended for passing on someone else when needed. All the Win10 computers can't be upgraded to Win11 but that doesn't see to affect anything else. My Win11s have default installations, no 'tricking/tweaking'.

Reaction score
Well downloaded the attachment dave..At first it fails to sign in, but there's two boxes at the left hand side, both with my name on. The top has a picture of me, I used this and put my computer login in and I'm into the computer..Is this correct?.

Ask a Question