Mozilla FireFox now with "Spyware"!.

Reaction score
Hi all,

any person that wants/values their privacy and uses FireFox browser (ver: 57), should take a look at the new versions settings and disable "Firefox Data Collection and Use". If you want to that is!. ;)

Preferences - Mozilla Firefox_001.jpg

Bif

Reaction score
Firefox has done this for ever, no different from sending log info about crash reports..just a shiny new heading.
Nothing to fret about Wolfie...

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

this is the part which worries me, not Mozilla themselves!:

such as interaction with Firefox search features and search partner referrals :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
When you download and install FF for the first time you're presented with the that same option same as with Chrome. In both I don't not allow.

Now only if there was an uncheck box for this when you install windows 10.......Hmmmm!

Reaction score
They already have all your information. Microsoft and Google already sold it to them. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Reaction score
I know that BigFeet,, I just wish that my PC belonged to me alone and not to "them" out there!. :):):)

Reaction score
It might also depend on what software is being installed?, there are plenty of apps that have their own form of spyware included Clifford. :)

Reaction score
My point is anything beyond the OS is user choice. Nothing in the OS (that includes the default browser) should have spyware. I also feel alternate browsers should be included. If the user wants to install spyware that is their choice to make. Having Windows for an operating system is not exactly a choice for most, because they don't have a comparable substitute. But since we have a government that wants to make use of this embedded spyware, the inclusion will always be condoned. And it is a breach of our civil rights here in the US.

As long as spyware is condoned at a OS level, it will always be condoned in applications. We no longer have rights that our forefathers fought so hard to establish. There is a reason those rights were established and we have just about pissed them all away.

Ask a Question