Multiplayer issues!

Reaction score
Dear friends!

I am new to this forum...
Flo, from The Netherlands (Amsterdam) 42 years.

My systems:
Xbox Series X
MSI GS75 (windos 10pro)

I am searching for some serious help regarding multiplayer games on the MSI gaming laptop.

Somehow I sometimes can play multiplayer games, but in the most pore way, and then after some minutes i get disconnected..
I've tried so many things read on Google, but nothing seems to help!

So...

I wish to play multiplayer games on my laptop, but I get a constant loss of wifi.
It seems to be issues with the Teredo tunneling driver or so.

Sometimes, my NAT is open, and then minutes later its blocked..??

I hope, i am now at the right place where someone finally is able to solve my problem, as I am into this for over 6 days now, and its making me crazy as hell...

THX in advance :)

Reaction score
Hi Flo,

are you running the latest version of Win 10?.

How far are you from your WiFi router and are you sharing the connection with others in your household or with neighbours?.

Can you use a network cable instead of WiFi and does that work at all.

What is your NAT set-up and how many devices?.

You should be running Win 10 version 2009. :)

Reaction score
Thx for the replay!

I guess its the latest version, so I should kind a downgrade to an earlier version?

My laptop and router/modem are in the same room, just several meters apart.
There indeed are some other devises running the same wifi, an Xbox X, an iPad and some iPhones...

Did not try the cable yet, I will tonight tho!

NAT setup, not sure what you mean with that, lol

Reaction score
LoL, thx!

Well, I did found some video on youtube, that showed me some stuff to check, which I idid, didnt seem to help tho!
But, after all that and restarting my latop, I hooked it up to the net with a cable, and the wifi turned off...

Guess what, it worked! I played some Apex and Fortnite, went all smooth...

But taking it off the cable back to wifi, and I back not being able to go into multiplayer...

So, everything took me a bit closer, but stille need to get it worling on wifi!

Hope that with this info you and others are maybe able to get me there :)
But so far, thx!

Reaction score
Gaming on wifi can be a challenge. There's a lot of factors that can cause poor performance and disconnecting. It could be a cheap router (some isp's give out outdated or cheap routers). Also other electronics, walls and floors can cause interference. The best advise I could give right now, is sit as close to the router as you can, or ideally, plug in to the lan port. What model is your wifi router?

Reaction score
well, first... update!

got multiplayer running for apex and gears 5... so oorah ;)
no lagging, all smooth multiplayer at a low ping and max fps...

but every time i start fortnite, after dropping from the bus, it takes less then a minute for my ping to drop from prox23 to like 150 or even worse... and so the game gets stuck!

so the issues that remains is only for the fortnite multiplayer!

i am in the same room, as my router! so thats like, within 5m...
got a kinda new router (year 2020) from my tv/internet provider...
but now that gears and apex are working perfectly, id like to think that the router wont be the problem, right...

thx for the comment tho!

someone any suggestions on how to aslo fix fortnite :)

Reaction score
It does sound like a game issue. I haven't played fortnite in quite a while, so I don't know what the network performance is like.

Reaction score
What are your system specs as some games require a minimum of 8GB RAM and a 4 core CPU at 2+ MHz?. :)

Reaction score
well...

started a VPN yesterday, and somehow i was able to play 2 rounds at fortnite, without any problems...
altho after those 2 still issues... some packing loss! FPS stays above high, so that's ok, but ping goes sky-high with wifi failure as a result!

multiplayer games like gears and apes no problemo...

Intel Core i7-10875H
8 cores
2,3GHz up 5,1GHz with booster
16GB Ram

So should be more then enough, right...

So im really lost, tried i think everything by now... fortnite is the only thing that won't seems to work proper....
see image, what happens after playing for some minutes (mostly) sometime like yesterday after 2 full games!

Attachments

• IMG_0324_v3.jpg
    IMG_0324_v3.jpg
    911.1 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
Hi Flo,

can you select a different server for Fortnite?, what game setting do you have, is it on "Ultra"?, try lowering the quality of the game and see if that has an effect!. :)

Reaction score
a different server as in, from my network, or within the game it self (another region)?
ill check later what game setting its on, if possible ill put them at a lower setting ;)

Thx, coming back later with the results!

Reaction score
well... not that into finding other servers... and the wifi keeps dropping!
so, i'm stopping searching for a solution, cause i just can't find one....

with cable tho, i've played some games with good results... so i'm gonna buy me a longer cat cable, to be able to play anywhere in the room hahaha..

lets keep this topic open tho! if someone has the solution im needing let me know :)
for so far, thx guys, for your input!

Reaction score
I'd see if your ISP will replace your router. I had the wifi go bad on one of my modem/routers when I had Verizon FioS. They overnighted me a new one (same model), and it worked fine. It's not unheard of that the wifi part of the router goes bad.

By the way, I run a 100 ft cat 6 cable up to my bedroom. I just get better results plugged in, even though I'm right above my router.

Ask a Question