SOLVED My windows 10 laptop doesn't work!

Reaction score
I've got a lenovo laptop, and somehow I downloaded a virus... it's called eshield. First it set itself the default home page, than it killed all of my programs. After half an hour the machine stopped, and then I wasn't able to log in to windows. I wanted to reset my laptop with the installer cd, but at the half of the install the laptop stopped working, and it restarted. Now if I start the laptop, it shows me the lenovo logo, it waits a little bit, and it shows the lenovo logo again. I can't do anything. I can't reset it, and I can't use it. I only can access the bios, nothing else. What can I do? It's a barnd new laptop, only five months old. I don't wanna throw it out.

I can't access the recovery menu too. I can't acess anything! HEEEELP PLEASE!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Turn off the laptop.
Unplug the laptop
Remove the battery from the laptop.
Hold the power button and count to 30.
Replace the battery, and plug it back in.
Hold the f11 key and hit the power button while continuing to tap the f11 key. It seems that every Lenovo has a different Fkey requirement some use F2 to evoke the one key recovery program so you may need to do some extra Googling for your particular model.
That should launch the recovery options from the native Lenovo recovery partition.
A full factory reset will result in any and all personal data, files and programs that were not present on the machine when you first purchased it to be removed completely and irretrievably

Reaction score
Following your and the google-s tips, I successfully opened the novo menu. It worked with the novo button. I choosed the system recovery option, but when I pressed endter, it closed the novo menu and showed the lenovo logo over and over again...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's a barnd new laptop, only five months old.
You should be able to take it back to the point of sale. At five months presumably it would still be under some form of warranty.
Worse case contact Lenovo and have them send you the full recovery media package on optical disk media. On a new laptop it should be free. I've done this on a couple occasions for HP Desktops and Laptops, once you manage to get in touch with the right person it usually only takes a couple days to get the media.

Reaction score
I think finally I have got an idea. I am very lucky, because in my first laptop I changed an HDD to an SSD. And I didn't sell the HDD. If I put this HDD to my laptop (if the virus didn't kill my whole framework) will it work? And I just install a windows 8.1 on it. It's a good idea, isn't it?

Of course if the HDD is compatible with the laptop.

Reaction score
I wasn't able to change the HDD, but I was able to reinstall it. I changed something in the bios

Ask a Question