New Cyber Attack hitting today!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Well the German ISP hosting the email account these jerks intended on using has blocked it now, so anyone affected will not be able to email them their bitcoin details now anyway.

More than one way to skin a cat!

Reaction score
Yeah. Got something similar in the Email this morning. Google asked me to verify that a recent user of my account was, in fact, me. I don't have a google account so deleted it.

Reaction score
Wow.... sounds like we'll all be back to paper and pencils by the end of the day.
Anyone know the current price for a postage stamp? :)

Bring back Morse Code is what I say, it should be mandatory learning at Primary School (or at least instructions on how to join two tins with a length of string)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yeah. Got something similar in the Email this morning. Google asked me to verify that a recent user of my account was, in fact, me. I don't have a google account so deleted it.
That's how they got Podesta's email.
A phony email purporting to be from Google ("The Gmail Team"), stating something to the effect that they suspect recent unauthorized attempts to access your account and they recommend you change your password and providing a link to do so.....
Clicking that link was all it took.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can't speak to the veracity of this statement, but.....
I believe it to be true for the most part
This Petya ransomware affects only old Windows PCs which are running without latest updates. If you are running latest Windows 7 SP1 or latest OS from Microsoft with recent updates, you don’t have to worry about this cyberattack.
SOURCE: https://mspoweruser.com/following-wannacry-another-major-ransomware-petya-spreading-across-world/

NOTE TO EUROPE: Perhaps consider...... not using Windows XP anymore. :oops:

Reaction score
Wolfie You make a good point. I guess the problem is bitcoin is electronic currency and would be hard to trace, like cash or wire transfers.
The problem as I see it Norton is that BitCoin don't really give a monkeys as long as they are getting their cut, that is how it looks to me at least!.

I cannot believe that an online bank (using the term loosely here) has no real idea who has an account with them?, it is asking for trouble isn't it?. :(

I don't know in which country they are registered but wherever they are, they should be made accountable for supporting such criminal acts!. :mad:

Reaction score
The problem as I see it Norton is that BitCoin don't really give a monkeys as long as they are getting their cut, that is how it looks to me at least!.

I cannot believe that an online bank (using the term loosely here) has no real idea who has an account with them?, it is asking for trouble isn't it?. :(

I don't know in which country they are registered but wherever they are, they should be made accountable for supporting such criminal acts!. :mad:

Wolfie I have to agree. It's legal currency I guess that buys bit coins so, Yes! they should be governed the same as banks and any financial institution.

Reaction score
Is it possible that the XP system is used on the HMS Queen Elizabeth is a standalone system that is used for operational controls only.
I have an Acer XP notebook, it's a standalone OS (Islanded from the www.) My wife keeps recipes, addresses, photos... on it. I also use it for (USB) real time weather monitoring and my new hot water heating boiler controls. Don't throw those old XP systems out. There are many uses for them around the home and they are reliable, just like a model "T" they are still ticking and Ford no longer supports them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
.. .- --. .-. . .
.- .-. . -.-- --- ..- ..- ... .. -. --. .- -. .- .--. .--. --- .-. -.-. .- -. -.-- --- ..- .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- ... . -. -.. .- -. -.. .-. . -.-. . .. ...- . -- --- .-. ... .

Reaction score
_... .._ _ _ .... . _. _ .... . _ ._ _ ._ _ _ _ _ .._ ._.. _.. .... ._ ..._ _ _ _ _ _
._. . _ _ _... . ._. ... _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .... .. _. _ _ .

._.. - - - - . _..

Reaction score
I am a bit surprised that Google doesn't just automatically translate Morse. Found an app that plays it nicely.
Tim, the trick is to be able to send/receive without the help of "technology". When networks are permanently riddled with viruses and world order collapses, the (Morse) keying of a simple HF transmitter/receiver might just give you the edge! My wife (ex Royal Navy) is still a whizz at it after 50 years - like riding a bike (no pun intended)!!

Reaction score
.- .-. . -.-- --- ..- ..- ... .. -. --. .- -. .- .--. .--. --- .-. -.-. .- -. -.-- --- ..- .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- ... . -. -.. .- -. -.. .-. . -.-. . .. ...- . -- --- .-. ... .
I can, but it is ancient. I was forced to learn it as an RAF pilot back in 1951, in order to read beacons etc. (12 words a minute)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can, but it is ancient. I was forced to learn it as an RAF pilot back in 1951, in order to read beacons etc. (12 words a minute)
I learned it (15WPM) when getting my Ham licence. My wife is good to 25WPM.
In an earlier life, when serving with the RAAF, Radio Operators on P-3 Orion aircraft learned Morse, just as Navigators were taught to use a Sextant - now overtaken by technology (satellite data links, inertial navigation systems and GPS).
Bread used to be real cheap then too!!

Ask a Question