SOLVED New Problems after hard drive format....

Reaction score
I downloaded crystaldiskinfo, but don't know what to do with it. Does it run by itself????
Says GOOD 96%.

Reaction score
Yes. When you start it It automatically reads SMART data. At GOOD 96%, the drive should be fine. That should rule out that being the issue.

Reaction score
Thanks to you both once again.

I think I will persevere as the PC is running great other than the problems I have outlined. I will keep trying to correct tese.
I will report back, and maybe mark "as solved" in a week or so. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Thanks mate. I can't do much involving my right side.....very sore in the right lung area. A few weeks to recover I am told. Will get back when I recover.
Thanks again.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hi, I'm back. Today I reset W10 from my laptop (factory edition), then added my apps, etc.

Well, the desktop problem has been fixed. However, the "seep" problem still exists, i.e. the laptop will not sleep at all regardless of what timing I use.

I still cannot get rid of my PIN requirement to sign in, which is a pain the arse. However, I will pu.t up with those problems, as the PC is running great.

So, thank you Bastet for your help, and I will sign off in 7 days, after I try to fix these 2 minor problems.

A great forum, thanks again........:cool:

Reaction score
You’re welcome.
I can only think there’s a program which is running in the background preventing sleep.
As for the pin problem it seems Microsoft prefers people to sign in rather than circumvent log in page. The settings I mentioned should’ve worked to remove the log in & also to restore the option for password.

Reaction score
You’re welcome.
I can only think there’s a program which is running in the background preventing sleep.
As for the pin problem it seems Microsoft prefers people to sign in rather than circumvent log in page. The settings I mentioned should’ve worked to remove the log in & also to restore the option for password.
Thanks again anyway......:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Bastet - I found and fixed the "sleep" problem. I reset W10 again and added all my apps, including BitDefender and CCleaner Pro. The "sleep" function still didn't work.
I saw in CCleaner Pro that some drivers (33 in total) needed upgrading. So, I upgraded those drivers, which took and hour or so.
After that, I set the sleep for 1 minute and it worked and has worked ever since.
Thank God.........:D
So, the only problem left was that "system restore didn't work, always "failed". I can't check that until I need to, so I appear to have no problems now, and laptop is working very fast.

Ask a Question