No Apps

Reaction score
After upgrading to windows 10 all the apps are gone and none show up with search the web and windows. All the other functions seem to be working.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @skaterbingo. Could you please explain your problem in more detail please?

Are you referring to apps from the Windows app store that you installed in Windows 8? If you can let us know if you upgraded from W7/W8 or did a clean install and which type of apps you mean, that would help us help you.

Reaction score
I upgraded from windows 8.1 None of the microsoft apps that were in 8.1 are on my desktop. People, Maps, Sports, etc. The search the web and windows appears to be greyed out and does not respond. I have run sfc/scannow and it says everything is good and the download and install went perfectly.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds like the search bar is the first thing to try and fix. Can you fire up task manager (right click taskbar > task manager) then find the Search and/or Cortana process and end them, then see if the search bar responds?

If so, can you search for your missing apps and see if they are indeed installed and the shortcuts are just missing? If so, you can right click the app and pin it as required.

Ask a Question