SOLVED No ethernet drivers

Reaction score
This is what my screen shows
upload_2018-4-23_20-13-43.png

Reaction score
Ok, It shows LAN in BIOS but didn't really show any settings other than the order you want it to boot up in.
I wasn't really sure what to look for.

Reaction score
This is what it says under Properties.

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Reaction score
This is what it says under Properties.

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

If it is a separate card or an external device, try removing and reinserting it.

Ben

Reaction score
Yes. If it is a separate card, it has probably either failed or has lost its connection to the computer. Removing and reinserting sometimes restores the connection.

Ben

Reaction score
Ethernet is under the fan with the sticker on it. I Couldn't seem to get it out, so I'm not quite sure what to do here. I have replaced parts on a pc before but not this
Ethernet pic.jpg

Reaction score
It doesn't really look like a removable item. I'm not sure what else to suggest, except that you might start a new thread. This one is not only over three years old, but is also marked "Solved". Also, make sure it's not just a bad ethernet cable.

Ben

Reaction score
OK, I know its not the cable. I'm just going to copy and paste my first post and start a new thread. Hopefully someone can figure this out for me

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The image from your device manager shows all network adapters (even the realtek which doesn't seem to be presently in place) to have a "USB" designation.
Which suggests that there is no fixed ethernet device installed, neither integrated on the motherboard which is what your picture suggests, nor as an add-on ethernet adapter.
So.....
It has either failed completely, in which case you will have to purchase a new add-on card to install in an empty motherboard slot (PCI or PCIe)....
OR
Someone has disabled it in the BIOS (system setup utility), in which case you're going to have to look around a bit and see if you can spot it probably under some advanced setting or other.

HINT: Not the one that has anything to do with the system boot devices to support PXE Boot. IF available to enable / disable, it'll likely be elsewhere in the BIOS under a different tab.

Reaction score
I tried searching for the top choice of mine, but I get no results.
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BC&SUBSYS_7B831462&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BC&SUBSYS_7B831462
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BC&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BC&CC_0200

Ask a Question