No Wifi

Reaction score
When I installed windows 10 511,10586 it assigned a Realtek PCie fe family controller when I previously had my wireless router as my adapter setting. How do I get my wifi back?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open device manager
Expand network adapters.
What wifi adapter is listed?
A Realtek PCIe is an Ethernet / wired (RJ45) adapter and doesn't have anything to do with your Wireless connectivity.
Do you have a physical cable connecting your PC to your Router?

Reaction score
yes, there is an Ethernet cable from the router to the computer. Device manager doesn't list a wifi adapter . There is Realtek and 8 Wan adapters. I had wifi listed in settings before the upgrade. Also we used wifi in our home network. I ran off the router.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Device manager doesn't list a wifi adapter . There is Realtek and 8 Wan adapters
You can pretty much just ignore the "WAN adapters" so basically you have one network adapter and that adapter is a Realtek wired Ethernet adapter, so.....
Now what exactly is the problem as you see it?
Can you browse the internet?
Can you ping your router?
IF you do an ipconfig all, do you have an IP address assigned by your router to your Realtek Ethernet adapter?

Reaction score
How do I do a ipconfig all? My wife and I have a home network on two different computers. How will that work with me on Ethernet and her computer on wifi?

Reaction score
went through this video and got the wifi issue fixed at my dell inspiron running windows 10.

Ask a Question