Norton goes shopping

Reaction score
and has bought recently AVG and therefore Avast as well for the little sum of eight billion dollars. It is suppose to be a merger. Norton now also includes Avira.

I am glad that I have not used them in years as they always have slowed down everything and grabbed a ton of resources....

Reaction score
I'm glad I don't use them too. It's ironic, the first AV I used was Norton's for Win 95. When they stopped supporting it, I moved to AVG. A friend of mine still uses AVG. Unbelievable what a resource hog it is now.

Reaction score
It did before Symantec got involved, haven't used Norton since then, some good programs were killed off.

Reaction score
It did before Symantec got involved, haven't used Norton since then, some good programs were killed off.
Agreed. Everything nowadays that comes in the yellow box is overpriced junk. Instead of focusing on the real job the software is suppose to do, its gets blown up with questionable functions but this does not apply to Norton only....

Reaction score
Just toss out a few pounds of floppy disks, blank and filled, one was a Norton Rescue Disk.

Ask a Question