Notification Panel on Right Side of Screen Won't Go Away

Reaction score
When there is a notification and I click on the icon in the taskbar, the notification panel slides out from the right edge of the screen. After I clear the notification, the panel stays there and I won't go away. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to reboot.

I've turned off notifications so I don't get any. But if I click on the taskbar icon (the one at the right end of the bar) the panel slides out and never goes away.

I'm really new to Windows 10 and hoping there is an easy solution.

Reaction score
I see that every once in awhile and just clicking a blank area of the Taskbar closes it.

Reaction score
OK, but I'm seeing it all the time.

Perhaps I misled you. Although I'm new to Windows 10, I'm a long time user of Windows 7 and previous versions back to the very beginning, 1.0 I think it was. So I've tried left clicks and right clicks in the taskbar, the desktop, and in the panel itself. I've also tried clicks with various combos of shift, ctrl, alt, del, etc. All to no avail.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1909, build 18363.592.
Ran the Update Assistant and it says I'm up to date.

Reaction score
Hi castingman,

well that is one way to deal with it, I assume you looked in Settings > System > Notifications & actions to see what you could do there?. :)

Reaction score
I did and couldn't solve the problem. But I noticed dialog boxes shown in some solutions were different than in my system. Example: the https://www.groovypost.com/howto/disable-action-center-windows-10/ site shows "Turn system icons on or off" a few lines under "Quick Actions" but my system shows "Edit your quick actions". My cursor changes to the pointing finger when I hover over this line of text but left or right clicking doesn't get any response. Not sure if this is good or bad!

Reaction score
I have the same problem as castingman. If I click the notification icon at the far right end of my taskbar, the notification panel comes up on the right side of my screen and won't go away.

I'm running Windows 10, most recent build. In addition, I use 4 touch-screen display monitors (I need them for teaching via videoconferences). No amount of swiping the screen, tapping the escape key, or left or right mouse clicking provides a solution.
Has anyone found a solution other than rebooting?

Attachments

• Notification Panel Won't Go Away - Main Monitor 1-27-2022.png
    Notification Panel Won't Go Away - Main Monitor 1-27-2022.png
    593.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Notification Panel Won't Go Away - Taskbar 1-27-2022.png
    Notification Panel Won't Go Away - Taskbar 1-27-2022.png
    29 KB · Views: 28

Ask a Question