Photo SD card and media center interface

Reaction score
New user of 10 here. Inserted an SD card into the laptop wanting to just view the pictures in media center. I can view the pictures but only in slideshow. Can the library view be changed from tile to thumbnail? Also can the pictures be uploaded into media center or will I need a program like photoshop elements.

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I do a fair amount of photography with my Nikon D3200 dSLR and I never use any "program" to upload, transfer or sync the contents of its' SD card with my computer.
I prefer instead to build my data structure within my "Pictures" folder as I want, typically naming a new folder in each instance after the event I've photographed including (often) a date in the folder name which I find helpful sometimes.
I then use the File Explorer windows(s) to drag and drop / copy and paste the contents of the SD card to the local folder that I've created to host them.
As far as "viewing" them, you mention "Media Center" which is no longer a component available in Windows 10 as far as I know.
The new "Photos" Universal App is the default now and while the interface can take some getting used to, if you use the "Hamburger" icon in the top left corner (three small horizontal lines) to select "Folders" view, it provides a reasonably decent interface from which to select a particular folder, view the contents, open an image and perform some rudimentary editing, along with left and right arrows to the left and right of each photo to navigate forward and back through the folder contents.
There are any number of third party programs from which to choose that support both viewing and editing photos. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements as well as Lightroom and Premier Elements but rarely find myself needing them for the simple basic stuff.

Reaction score
The new Dell I just bought has media center. I was surprised as I thought it was not included as well. I'll try the pictures, folder process . I've given up on elements and lightroom as they both give me nothing but grief.

Thanks

Ask a Question