Removing linux distro completely and substituting Win 10

Reaction score
I know what you mean Dave but he might want American English or Indian/Australian etc, we won't know if he doesn't tell us!. :)

Reaction score
DAvehc,
I did read the list you posted. And I did see that my Dell was there. But I didn't realise that the page wasn't about downloads or anything else. My lack of the lingo again. Well, now we know that my pc will take Windows 10 I can forget about buying dodgy stuff from Ebay and get the genuine article.

So I'll finish this thread off now with my thanks to all who posted. You seem an affable and helpful crew. I hope you'll be around once I've installed Windows 10 because I know I'll need some help then alright. To put you in the picture, I'm in my eighties and not the sharpest knife in the box. I'll never be a computer expert.

Good luck and blessings to you all.
Nosebleed.

Reaction score
Hi,
davhc, I did open the file you posted and I did find my pc in the lists. Trouble is, I didn't realise that the lists had any relevance to my thread. My non existent language skills again. But know I know that my pc will take Windows 10 I can forget about buying dodgy stuff from Ebay.

Once I get the genuine article and start installing it I know I will need further help. So I'll close this thread now and start another as necessary. Stick around please. I've really appreciated your willingness to help.

Many many thanks. Nosebleed.

Reaction score
No prob. A moderator will pop along and delete one, I am sure. At the end of the installation, just read the questions very carefully before answering and you cant go wrong .. go wrong...etc.

Reaction score
i think the Enterprise edition usually requires logging into a specific Server for activation [been there and failed] and maybe the Education edition.

Reaction score
i think the Enterprise edition usually requires logging into a specific Server for activation [been there and failed] and maybe the Education edition.
Me, too, when changing from Win8 Ultimate to Win10 Pro, got identified as Enterprise.

Ask a Question