Sleep Mode Gone?

Reaction score
Got up this morning and noticed that the monitor and keyboard on the machine I updated last night were both still lighted even though they should have been in sleep mode. The monitor screen was kind of dim and not brightly lit as when everything is active. I just now checked power settings in control panel and noticed that the option to set a time for the computer to enter sleep mode is gone. There is a setting for the monitor. In advanced options there is an option to turn off the hard drive but no sleep mode.

sleep mode.jpg

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
My mouse and keyboard have been doing that as well....and further more with my keyboard, Logitech G510, the back lighting color schemes sometimes has to be reset as it turns to the white color indicating that the software was not installed. I check the software and it's still installed, I just have to manually reset the color schemes.

My sleep mode option is still there and working.

Reaction score
That's kind of odd. Wonder why sleep mode on my machine is gone but not on yours. I ran the upgrade using the process posted on the Microsoft page.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I imagine that it's some data corruption from the upgrade.....which is the inherent problem with upgrading an OS.

Reaction score
You're probably right. I thought it might just be another Microsoft iron fist taking control of our computers.

Reaction score
I'm running a clean install on this computer at the moment and the sleep mode time option is present on it. I guess the other computer with the missing sleep mode will need to be repaired.

Reaction score
Go to cmd as administrator and type powercfg/requests This will provide a list of items that are currently interrupting the sleep mode. I had a print spooler error. The computer was attempting to cancel a print request to a printer that I had deleted on my computer. I had to reset the print spooler.

Ask a Question