Slowdown of the computer

Reaction score
Everything's been fine until recently when things became very slow to start _ long delays in programs starting. The system is up to date. I'm wondering if this is a windows problem or just time for a new computer. The computer is a good 10 years old. Should I just scrap it o r are there some diagnostic tests I can do to see what's wrong?
Thanks for any advice you have.

Reaction score
Hi normans,

please first tell us your system specs and whether you have an old HDD (mechanical drive) or SSD installed. An SSD would help increase system speed by a lot!. :)

Reaction score
Hi normans,

please first tell us your system specs and whether you have an old HDD (mechanical drive) or SSD installed. An SSD would help increase system speed by a lot!. :)
Here are the specs.
Pentium(R) Dual-core CPU [email protected]
Memory 4Gb
System 32 bits, processor x64
windows10, family 2004, version 19041.685

If you need some other info, please let me know. Meanwhile, thanks for taking an interest in my problem.
Normans

Reaction score
If you need some other info, please let me know
Hi Normans,

sorry for my late reply.

You are running a 32 bit system on a 64 bit computer, any particular reason?. If you can install more RAM, go with a 64 bit installation as Windows 32 bit cannot see more than 4GB RAM!.

And, do you have an SSD or HDD?, if you have an older HDD, invest in an SSD as it will give you a speed bump.

Also, you are running a slightly older version of Win 10 so I would upgrade if I were you.

Running Disk Clean will also help free up space on your drive. :)

Ask a Question