Windows Outlook Slowdown

Reaction score
My Windows Outlook has slowed to a crawl in the last week. It unresponsive most times and is almost unusable. Any help will be appreciated. It started on Win 7 and is same under 10 update. Thanks in advance

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My Windows Outlook has slowed to a crawl
Outlook, as in local install of the mail client / office suite?
Which version?
How big is your .pst file
Where is your .pst file stored?
Have you tried to archive it? Thereby reducing the overall size by generating an archive.pst
Have you ran scanpst.exe? Usually located in program files or program files (x86) depending on version \Microsoft Office\Office ##
Have you attempted a repair? either from within the office application or from control panel, programs and features depending on your version

An upgrade will not normally fix any previous existing problems and will some times even exacerbate them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi John.

I wonder if it's related to some of the plugins. Could you try loading Outlook in safe mode by running "outlook /safe" from the run menu (Windows Key + R)?

Also, I'd run SFC /scannow as a precaution, as so many people have had send/receive errors with Outlook and Windows 10 (myself included). Here's a tutorial: https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-use-sfc-scannow.12/

edit: I posted this at the same time as @Trouble - try his tips before these ones!

Ask a Question