Socket error on upload

Reaction score
Further to the problem I'm still having with slow speed on test, does anyone have a solution to the "socket error on upload" message I receive during speed tests. Thank for any ideas.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What's the website you get this error on and which browser are you using?

Reaction score
Hi. I'm running Edge and Google. The error occurs on My Broadband, nd on others there seems to be an occasional latency error.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you please let me know a link to the site that you're testing it on, I'm not sure what the "My Broadband" site is.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your email. My Broadband is a speed test site which can be accessed via Google. I think it's one used by PlusNet, but there are plenty of others accessed by typing in "speed test checks".

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The problem may be related to that particular website, I suspect - so I was going to run the same speedtest in that same browser. However, without a direct link to it I'm unable to test it.

Is this the URL you visited for your check? It's the first for me when searching for that query:

https://www.speedtest.net/

If not, please copy/paste the URL visible in the address bar in to this message and I'll test the same site as you :).

Reaction score
Hi Ian. The above is not the site I normally use, although I get a similar response when I do. I've attached a screen shot of My Broadband site.
Annotation 2019-04-25 143656.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks. I've tested that site and I also get a lot of console errors when using it, including a WebSocket error.

These messages should normally be hidden. It's a problem with the site, rather than a problem with your PC. Did you have the developer console open to view this error message? Can you please take a screenshot of when the error appears and I'll take a look.

Reaction score
Since your last email I've used the site several times but have not had the "socket" popup. I think that I am going to have to settle with the admittedly rather fast speed of web browsing I have as I've tried every treatment suggested without success. Thank you and other members for their input.

Ask a Question