startup problem

Reaction score
Upgraded windows 7 to 10, now computer starts only after second power up. The first startup just freezes but second works OK. How to avoid this? In the mean time I just let computer sleep instead of shutdown.

Reaction score
I am not sure what your problem is but would offer this. I had a similar problem and it was caused by a BIOS selection I had made but went away after deselection. It was the "Fast Startup" selection, actually it was the "Ultrafast Startup" selection. If you selected that, try deselecting it. You can select "Optimized Defaults" and return to the original settings too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am not sure what your problem is but would offer this. I had a similar problem and it was caused by a BIOS selection I had made but went away after deselection. It was the "Fast Startup" selection, actually it was the "Ultrafast Startup" selection. If you selected that, try deselecting it. You can select "Optimized Defaults" and return to the original settings too.
Where do you do all that?

Reaction score
Where do you do all that?
In the BIOS, but if you have not been there then you have obviously not made any changes.
BIOS is the os on the motherboard. It is accessed by tapping the delete key repeatedly when the pc first starts up and the screen is black. Sometimes another method is employed which you will see very briefly when the pc first starts. Perhaps an F key but usually it is delete.

BIOS contains Boot options which are needed when loading an os from a disk or USB. If the first boot option is to boot from the hard drive then it will not boot from the disk/USB so that will need to be changed if you want the pc to boot from a disk/USB.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the BIOS, but if you have not been there then you have obviously not made any changes.
BIOS is the os on the motherboard. It is accessed by tapping the delete key repeatedly when the pc first starts up and the screen is black. Sometimes another method is employed which you will see very briefly when the pc first starts. Perhaps an F key but usually it is delete.

BIOS contains Boot options which are needed when loading an os from a disk or USB. If the first boot option is to boot from the hard drive then it will not boot from the disk/USB so that will need to be changed if you want the pc to boot from a disk/USB.
Thanks!!

Ask a Question