Startup problem

Reaction score
on start up I get the computer needs to restart and then goes into the loop of restarting from a blue screen, I can get F2 which is the Bios screen but thats all, I can see reboot on this but do not have anything to reboot with as I upgraded from win 7. any suggestions would be appreciated?

Reaction score
AS stated above when I get the blue screen no icon are visible just the message, i can get F2 with two boot options
P1 and P2 which means nothing to me
Pressing P1 and P2 just puts the machine back to the blue screeen and the reboot

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK.... so maybe I was unclear.
So I started your own thread for you.
Now if you could
Describe your problem as you've done above and include some specifics as to your computer.
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number, etc. and when and how this loop started.... was it as a result of the upgrade, after the upgrade, after an update, etc.
As I asked in the other thread, perhaps someone might have some suggestions for you.

Reaction score
I upgraded to Win 10 from win 7 last October and all went well, I shut down normally. I cannot remember whether there were any updates on closure.
When I next start the computer I got this message "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart we will restart ot for you"
It restarts repeatedly on a blue screen, no other icons are visible and the mouse is inoperable.
The only F key that works is F2 which gets the Bios, there are two boot options P1 & P2 but on clicking either gets me back to the blue screen
The machine is Zoosstorm with Asus running win 10, the machine has a good spec
I believe this another win 10 screw up
I think I might need a reboot cd but where do I get one I do have a lap top

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think I might need a reboot cd but where do I get one I do have a lap top
The installation media can be obtained through either of these two resources.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options from there you might try a System Restore to an earlier point in time or Startup Repair.

Ask a Question