Still Waiting....

Reaction score
found this link
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
in another thread which I thought might be able to help me, when I ran it, the results as follows

upload_2015-11-12_17-21-34.png
upload_2015-11-12_17-21-34.png

Reaction score
if I was to install a legitimate version of Windows 8.1 pro would it just automatically replace the version I have running at the moment?

Reaction score
if I was to install a legitimate version of Windows 8.1 pro would it just automatically replace the version I have running at the moment?
Probably but I would not trust that app in the link. I said that My Win 10 was Fake and I know it is activated and not fake.

Reaction score
Which tab stated it was fake? Curious.. I could understand, if it was progressed from a fake Window 7/8, it could say that, but it is difficult to comprehend how a free program can be fake???

Mine was legit, right through, but it did say "Validation unsupported" I have no idea what that statement means.

Reaction score
thanks guys, looks like I can safely ignore that link if you're all doing the same results as I am and your OS are legitimate.
So is there an easy way to find out if your OS is definitely genuine?

Reaction score
Which tab stated it was fake? Curious.. I could understand, if it was progressed from a fake Window 7/8, it could say that, but it is difficult to comprehend how a free program can be fake???

Mine was legit, right through, but it did say "Validation unsupported" I have no idea what that statement means.
That was a Typo
"Probably but I would not trust that app in the link. I said that My Win 10 was Fake and I know it is activated and not fake."

It should have read
Probably but I would not trust that app in the link. It said that My Win 10 was Fake and I know it is activated and not fake.

Sorry

Reaction score
Same query. Where, under which tab, did it say it fake
The same tab that was posted. I got the exact same result on the validation status. Even though I upgraded to Win 10 from a legit copy of Win 7 and my Win 10 ia activated. This application is bogus and or needs to be updated or fixed , or taken down.
upload_2015-11-12_17-21-34-png.1555

Reaction score
It is not a problem with the tool, as such, but it should be more descriptive. I believe it was designed for windows 7, and hasn't been updated since

Reaction score
Maybe MS should update their tools, as some users do rely on them, I don't but there are some out there..

Reaction score
True, but all it does is interprets a script. But it would have been wise to keep it up to date.
Open an elevated Command prompt and run
slmgr -dlv

You will get pretty much the same thing, but Windows 10 acknowledged.

Capture.PNG

'

Reaction score
True, but all it does is interprets a script. But it would have been wise to keep it up to date.
Open an elevated Command prompt and run
slmgr -dlv

You will get pretty much the same thing, but Windows 10 acknowledged.

View attachment 1559
'

I never said it was fake.

Validation Unsupported OS – under the Windows tab.

I might have said it was Bogus and needs updated. MS needs to keep up with all of their products. When they laid off 5,000 employees a few weeks ago, may have been too many. I wonder how many were laid off in India??

Reaction score
Still haven't managed to find a solution to my problem and windows 10 will not automatically upgrade from my version of Windows 8.1 pro.
Do I just buy something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windows-8...401147?hash=item2a5bd65b3b:g:oS8AAOSwjVVV0MKu
in the hope that it will install over my version of 8.1 and allow me to automatically upgrade to Windows 10?
Realistic or just plain stupid?

Have you ever had a copy of windows 10 that activated on your machine?

Reaction score
Also, I would never buy an OS from EBAY. THey are just a clearing house. You have no clue if the windows 8 is real or not.

Reaction score
Hoping this makes you feel a little better, I updated 8.1 to 10 and it was activated without me doing anything,

The place where I had a problem was trying to dual boot 7 and 10 and 10 wouldn't activate.

Reaction score
my problem is never being able to download Windows 10.
the get windows 10 program continuously tells methat I should upgrade after windows 10 is ready for my specific PC....... Is it because I'm in the UK by any chance?

Ask a Question