Strange error, last few days

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any one else seeing this issue.
Pops up from time to time.
Mail client is Outlook (part of the latest 365 suite).
Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Somehow the certificates have disappeared or at least deemed invalid. My Email client (TB) was complaining about that saying it is an invalid certificate (and I am running 1803 on my laptop).
MS says that this issue only affects build 1903 and later but that does not seem to be true. The cause of this is suppose to be a problem with the September 2020 CU from what I have read so far...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The cause of this is suppose to be a problem with the September 2020 CU from what I have read so far...
Makes sense....
That's about the time I started seeing the certificate error message.

It's not a major issue, just a minor annoyance. I was just wondering if it was a broader problem then just something going on with my install.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I keep getting "need to update your credentials" or "there's a sync issue" emails from MS. I've not touched the accounts. Plus, I just created a new Outlook account to set up my new phone.....MS has locked it twice for breaking "Terms or Agreement" something something. I haven't used it at all other than creating it for my phone. Then get the "we need to verify" email account because there is some unusual activity.....WTF!

The crappy part is that, it doesn't tell me what I need to update or how to verify.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interestingly, it seems that the above message(s) have stopped today.
My guess is that MS fixed (behind the scenes), whatever it was that was causing the issue.
I just created a new Outlook account to set up my new phone
Why would you setup and configure an MS account to use on an iPhone?

When I had a Windows Phone (now retired, back in the box and on a shelf) I used my MS Account
On my current Android Phone, I use my Gmail Account
IF I had an iPhone (never gonna happen), I would likely configure an Apple ID (e-mail address removed) or something similar to use https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/create-an-icloudcom-email-address-mmdd8d1c5c/1.0/icloud/1.0
Especially if I didn't plan on using it much anyway.

Just seems practical to me, if I'm using a particular hardware platform, to the extent possible I would likely choose to use software, applications, and an environment intended to be used on that platform.

Ask a Question