Stuck in the BIOS Utility Mode

Reaction score
I'm stuck in the Bios utility mode on my Asus Vivobook windows 10. I wasn't going to change anything, so I'm wondering how do I exit the page and get back to the windows screen? I've tried to start it again and click save and exit, but none of that works. I don't want to delete anything by accident.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't understand at all how you could be stuck.....
Are you afraid to exit?
You mention "click".... most BIOS utilities support navigating with your keyboard arrow keys, space bar and return key
Can you not use F10 or similar key to exit, choosing to save or discard changes.
Can you not choose "default" or "optimal default" usually something like that is available to fix anything you might have changed.

IS the computer automatically opening the BIOS screen everytime you shut it down and restart it??
Have you tried shutting it down, removing AC adapter and battery, pressing and holding the power button and then putting the battery back and reconnecting the AC power and booting the system??

Do you suspect something catastrophic happened like a failed firmware update?

Reaction score
I don't understand at all how you could be stuck.....
Are you afraid to exit?
You mention "click".... most BIOS utilities support navigating with your keyboard arrow keys, space bar and return key
Can you not use F10 or similar key to exit, choosing to save or discard changes.
Can you not choose "default" or "optimal default" usually something like that is available to fix anything you might have changed.

IS the computer automatically opening the BIOS screen everytime you shut it down and restart it??
Have you tried shutting it down, removing AC adapter and battery, pressing and holding the power button and then putting the battery back and reconnecting the AC power and booting the system??

Do you suspect something catastrophic happened like a failed firmware update?

Haha not afraid to exit! I've tried most of those things you mentioned above except removing the battery etc. It's the same screen everytime I start it, but it was the first time today

Reaction score
If you were to be having a Secure Boot problem, it could put you back into the Bios.. Have you made any changes to the Bios or your install?

Reaction score
If you were to be having a Secure Boot problem, it could put you back into the Bios.. Have you made any changes to the Bios or your install?
Don't think so, just had a phone call with asus customer service, and they told me to send it in to get it fixed. Prob a problem with the hard disk.

Reaction score
Don't think so, just had a phone call with asus customer service, and they told me to send it in to get it fixed. Prob a problem with the hard disk.
A small consideration, just be aware they may wipe or replace the hard disk to put it back to new condition and all data on it will be lost, has been known to happen.

Reaction score
Brfore you accept that delsy, have you tried Trouble,s suggestion , to remove the battery snd vlear the bios cache?

Reaction score
An issue with many Notebooks/Laptops/Netbooks is there's 2 batteries, the one for normal use which is easily removable and the BIOS/CMOS battery which usually requires some amount of disassembly of the case to even get to it.

Ask a Question