Stuck On Choose Your Keyboard Layout

Reaction score
i was repairing my lenovo pc windows 8.1 with windows 10. when i was on the middle of repairing, i get stuck on 'çhoose your keyboard layout' command because it is not responding to either keyboard or mouse, even if i force it to shut down, it's going directly to choose your keyboard layout.
please! help, thank you.

Reaction score
My reply will be a generalized one because it will be too much to write in details.

My suggestion is to download the ISO file > burn it to a bootable media ( DVD or USB ) > set your Bios to boot from CD/DVD or USB depending on which media you will be using > use the media to reinstall Win 10.
Forget about repairing. Let's start fresh.
Assuming your Win 10 has been activated. If so, any subsequent reinstall will be activated automatically.
If during the reinstall you are asked to input product key, just click the SKIP option and continue. It will be activated after installation is completed.

Should you require more detail instructions please post back. Please be specific which part you need more instructions.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i was repairing my lenovo pc windows 8.1 with windows 10.
Do you actually mean "repairing"?
Typically one does not repair a problem computer using another OS, nor by upgrading to another OS as the underlying problems will generally be inherited by the upgrade anyway.

I might suggest that if during this process (whatever it actually is), if you are using any USB Dongles that support wireless devices (keyboards, mice, network adapters, etc.,) either Bluetooth, IR or RF you remove them from the equation and only use wired devices (mouse, keyboard and monitor). Disconnect everything else.

Ask a Question