System Restore

Reaction score
Since I switched to Windows 10, there have been several things I tried to change. I don't like these new changes and want to go back to what it was. I used to be able to do that with System Restore, but I can't find that on Windows 10.

How?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the Start Button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
rstrui
hit enter or click OK
You can also choose "System" from that same right click menu and then in the left column of the resultant window choose "system protection".

Reaction score
Hello Rose-Marie,

Are you looking for system restore or you want to revert to the previous operating system?
If you want to perform system restore, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous post.

You can go back to your previous version of Windows by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. This won't affect your personal files, but it will remove any apps you installed after the upgrade to Windows 10.

All the best.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Rome Marie. Trouble is correct, but I found another way. Type "System Restore" into Cortana.

Ask a Question