The new windows update has destroyed my computer

Reaction score
Sorry for the over exaggerated title I wanted to get some attention and fast.

I'll start from the beginning, I built my own computer about a year ago, and in that time I have moved it to different locations. The last time I moved it some thing strange occurred. My computer would boot up to a black screen after showing the NASUS title. I then seemed to check my boost priority, and I flipped and re-flipped my 2 only existing options. So in fact I had not done any changes except move the 2 items around. The two items were my one drive and windows start up system. So, every time I turned on my computer I would have to press F2 and continue to do this. And after that my computer would restart and be completely fine.

The real issue came when windows released a new update, (which was about 3-5 days ago). When I attempted to update the computer it stated it needed to restart at some points. Most people wouldn't have an issue with this, but I knew that with my computer I needed to press F2 at the start to make it even get into Windows 10. And then the computer to restart AGAIN. SO the computer would forget there was an update attempt to recover the update and wouldn't be able to. I wasn't a bee to log in after this and when I would, start my computer up and go through the normal routine then this popped up right before I entered the log in screen.

"the exception unknown software exception (0x4000015) occurred in the application location 0x00007FFAD44AU32"

Then i had no chose but to click ok. Thats when the the screen began to flash violently from the normal log in screen to white and the process would continue until the same alert would appear. I wasn't able to log in or anything.

P.S. I can't even get into safe mode, I have already tried it only leads to a black screen with nothing on it.

Please someone help this is my first post I'm so sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Reaction score
Explain what YOU mean by " in that time I have moved it to different locations"
what is NASUS ?
In fact explain the whole first paragraph. You moved your one drive and Windows start up system.

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sorry for being so vague I'm really all over the place today.

I meant ASUS not NASUS my mistake.
1. I have moved my computer set up to different rooms in the past, and 6 months ago my whole desk top computer was moved and an issue occurred where the computer would not go past the ASUS beginning screen which always appears when I power up my computer.

The solution I found was to press F2 right when my computer was powering up to get to my BIOS UTILITY-Z Mode which contains the options to the CPU and the Boost Priority.

Under the boost priority tab the was one drive (SATA-5) and the widows boot manager (SATA6G_5:)

I would flips these both 2 times so no change was made. But this required my computer to restart. (KEY point: Computer needs to restart from the BIOS Utility to work)

Then it would begin normally with no problems. But this issue would cause the next issue.

2. When windows told me to shutdown and update, I did. The update stated also that it would RESTART automatically. But whenever my computer restarts it needs to go into the BIOS Utility then restart again (as said in Paragraph 1). I decided to let it update by itself thinking maybe my computer wouldn't need to go through BIOS Utility, but I was greeted with a completely black screen after the ASUS logo disappeared. So I turn off my computer and go through the BIOS Utility, and the computer tries to recover the update.

Then my computer loads in the log in screen with this message "the exception unknown software exception (0x4000015) occurred in the application location 0x00007FFAD44AU32" and when I pressed "ok" (which was the only option. My login screen began to flash on and off until the "the exception unknown software exception (0x4000015) occurred in the application location 0x00007FFAD44AU32" appeared again.

Reaction score
Hopefully someone with an ASUS motherboard will join in. You should NOT need to enter the BIOS when the machine boots.

Ideally your drive that contains Windows and its boot manager should be in SATA port 0, that is the first SATA port. The Bios should point to that drive as being the boot drive.

Is there some chance that the cables got moved to port 5? ( Many mobos have 6 SATA ports)

So I would ensure the drive cable is in port 0 , check that the BIOS expects a disk on port zero to be the boot disk and see what happens.

Another thought. I wonder if it would be worth making sure the cables to and from the motherboard to the disk are firmly in place. If you do this remember the PC must be unplugged from the wall and you should keep one hand on the metal case while doing the work.

I think you may need to reload Windows

This site contains some interesting information about your error. I would recommend that you do NOT download their tool but try the other stuff above and then reload Windows.

Reaction score
I have checked the ports, but how do I get them to Gate 0?

I checked the connection as well.

How do I "reload" windows?

Reaction score
The SATA ports on the motherboard usually have a almost invisible legend on the motherboard saying which one is port zero.

Reload = reset or re-install

Ask a Question