SOLVED Transparent Startup Menu

Reaction score
I cant get access to my desktop to right click or see icons on my desktop, instead I have a forced transparent overlay on. This was not like this before. I really have no idea what to search to even get my desktop back to its original state. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum. I do not know what the problem with your display is but would offer this; Click the Start (Windows Logo) at the bottom left, then Settings/Personalization and in Backgrounds, choose a picture or browse for one and see if that changes the desktop view.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I cant get access to my desktop to right click or see icons on my desktop, instead I have a forced transparent overlay on
It's possible that perhaps you have toggled on, "Tablet Mode"
Click the notification Icon bottom right of your screen, far right side of your task bar nearest the clock.
See if clicking or tapping the Tablet Mode Icon changes things for you.

Reaction score
Thank you Trouble. That was the problem. I haven't felt this inadequate with technology in a long time. :)

Dan99 -- Thank you for the suggestion, I was about to post screen shots when this response came in from Trouble.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to resolve your problem.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Much appreciated.
If anything else comes up...... you know where to find us.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question