Unable to Create New Folder in Explorer

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

I'm using Win10, Ver. 22H2, and everything seems to be working fine, except I don't understand why I'm unable to simply create a New Folder from the Explorer ribbon. Extremely frustrating. :mad::mad: Pls advise.

Reaction score
You didn't detail your normal procedure, but, try this:

Right click your main partition (normally "C" )
Select "New" and then "Folder". You can name/rename it

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, but that doesn't work. That's what I've been doing. If it matters, I've always had my C:\ drive named MAIN, because I have my OS drive ONLY on my SSD. Then, I have 8 other partitions on my 1 Tbyte data drive. I was trying to create a folder in 1 of those partitions. I've never had a problem with this before. I noticed it a few months ago, but didn't take the time to make a post about it. But obviously, it's a fairly important feature, so I'd like to get solved. Thanks.
UB

Reaction score
Can't ANYONE help with this? Of course, I know how to create a new folder, but I'm telling you for some reason my Explorer isn't helping. Even after I searched Win Help, it only told me the same thing I've tried dozens of times. And it never says anything like "If it doesn't work you might want to try....." So, what could be the issue? I mean, when you think about it, it's actually a pretty critical feature.
Tanx

Reaction score
But what happens when you right click one of those extra partitions.

I have four partitions and see this:
1672636429902.png

Reaction score
Thanks again Dave. Nothing happens. I was able to fix it simply by uninstalling my Avast browser. It was causing me ALL kinds of problems. I don't know how it caused that issue.

Ask a Question