Upgrade Issue Error 8007005 Solved For Me...

Reaction score
Hi...

Thought I would share my recent experience upgrading a Win7 HP Probook 4320s to Win 10.

Now... I have upgraded other machines for other people... and removed two upgrades due to really slowing them down.

However.. I wanted to wait a while to upgrade one of my own systems (still love my XP desktop and fine with Vista on another laptop)

I went through the process of getting the automatic upgrade and downloaded Win 10 but kept getting the error message 800 7005 each time I tried to install the upgrade. And I tried going though the whole downloading and installing process five time..

I also searched the error message which did not help my specific issue.

However... the laptop is working via wireless connection.. so I decided to try one more time and use an Ethernet connection.. direct to modem..... did the download again.. and finally it correctly installed.

Whether this is purely a coincidence I do not know... however.. if anyone else has an issue lon a wireless system this then it may be worth the while plugging directly into the modem... especially if the size of the download is substantial...

I have 70mb speed for the desktop which of course can be greatly reduced for a wireless system,,, and as we all know the upgrade is a massive 3gb or there about....

Hope this helps someone

AP
UK

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that.
It's not the first post we've seen where a wireless network device seemed to have a negative impact at some point during the upgrade process.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Randy

Reaction score
Just an update on this.... having updated to Win 10 using the ethernet connection.. I then found that the wireless connection was not working.. it was showing no internet connection available for the:

Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

It showed that the most recent driver was installed.. but did not work. T

After looking at the BIOS settings I could see that this seemed to be ok and set to automatic..... I then uninstalled the adapter then restarted and itr reinstalled itself and is working fine......

Just one of those annoying pains when updating!

Hope this helps someone....

Ask a Question