W10 March 2018 update affect on Outlook

Reaction score
I'm running W10 on a Dell Vostro and things were running well until the recent update when Outlook issues appeared. Outlook has two mail accounts - O365 and outlook.com and is used together with To-Do and OCM. After the update most contacts are gone except the most recent (past three months); gone from Outlook-web and on Lumia 950 contact tiles are empty. Also, there now seems to be a noticeable delay in updating these two accounts and when search/finding an earlier email contact which now is not showing in to: field, Outlook freezes. And, there were some earlier issues beginning of 2018 with OCM not being able to launch but a re-installation of Outlook solved the issue. Hope you can assist.
Riaan

Reaction score
It is possible you need a clean up of your computer.
My wife has precisely the same set up, with the exception she is not using the on line 365. She uses a Vostro and the Lumia 950. She has not experienced any problems with the latest updates.
But could you identify which update it was, which originally caused the problem?u

Last edited:
Reaction score
The update causing the problem is
March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334)
Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709
Riaan

Reaction score
Outlook Web app also does not show contacts so sync is not a problem. I think there is some mess-up with OCM but decided to uninstall the update and see what happens. Thanks for the tips.
Riaan

Ask a Question